Did you mean: 

Erazer Scout E20 laptop saying my Windows is expiring

1 REPLY 1
Micasjas
Trainee
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Erazer Scout E20 laptop saying my Windows is expiring

At the end of January 2024 I bought an Erazer Scout E20 laptop. It's been running fine. But since the last week I keep getting the "your windows is expiring" pop-up. I tried all of the suggested slmgr commands to no avail. When looking at the troubleshooter message it thinks there has been a hardware change which ofcourse is absolutely untrue.

This morning I tried to factory reset the laptop but even at the last setup part where you fill in your email to log in, it started with the pop up that my Windows would expire soon. So that can't be good. I am worried that there is a hardware malfunction for the laptop to think something has changed. I dont want to have to take it back to the shop because you never know the state it will be in when you get it back.

Hopefully it is this just a bad key that I got from Medion and someone here can advice me what to do.

Also when I try to find my product key with Command Prompt it gives another key than the one stated at the system Product Key Window. Not sure if that means something. 

I put my bios into default mode (I never touched it so not sure why that made a difference) my Windows now seems to be activated "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"  but when I open Office, the one you get with Windows, it says it's not genuine. 

You'd think the second factory reset I did last night with removing all the files would fix any software problems. 

20240415_144525.jpg

20240415_150421.jpg

20240415_200138.jpg

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Micasjas ,

we´d like to know, if tthis issue could be solved in the meantime. Otherwise we would jump in an provide some additional help.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1