cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer P7643 black screen and loses HDMI access periodically when in dual monitor mode

3 REPLIES 3
thegeezer9999
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer P7643 black screen and loses HDMI access periodically when in dual monitor mode

Strange behaviour, I am hoping someone has come across this. Laptop connected to a Hanns monitor in Extend screen mode. Periodically the laptop will suddenly flicker then go black. The second monitor then has the display. If you go into Display on W10 (x64), it shows only the second monitor, and has reverted to "Show only on second monitor". The laptop has not rebooted or shut down (no events in EventViewer to indicate this, but also if you run a Detect, it then re-finds the laptop monitor). Once you have re-detected, you can then go and reset the laptop to primary device, and then either re-extend directly, or set to "show only on laptop monitor" and then re-extend. What happens then is also quite strange, the laptop goes into a not responding mode (for example, you can move mouse, but right click, typing, clicking on links etc. does not respond), and for example, a web page clicked on will show "Wait or close" dialogue when it stops responding. After a few minutes it returns to normal.

Troubleshooting

No corresponding events in Event Log (application or system)

Changed second monitor but still happens

Brand new HDMI cable but still happens

Ran Medion Troubleshooting app - nothing found

All drivers updated

W10 1909 Build 18363.1316

If I cannot get any assistance here, I will open a support ticket with Medion, but I cannot find any number or email address to initiate this.

Thank you for any help with this. Happens every few hours but not seemingly on a interval basis

3 REPLIES 3
thegeezer9999
Beginner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Nobody come across this ?

lemon
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Got an kinda similar issue. 
Randomly screen turned black yesterday when using the second monitor.
Can select duplicate and then extend again seems to work. 
Unplugging i keep the laptop screen lit, but if i put it to sleep instead of "shut down" and boot it again, screen stays black.
Only solution is to plug it to an external monitor then play with extend settings again.
Did you had any fix for your issue ?

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

HI Lemon,

I guess your topic is obsolete now, that you found the answer on your own in this post.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3