SOLVED
22 REPLIES 22
X20-Cherry
Apprentice
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Erazer Major X20 - MD62525 - NEED LATEST BIOS UPDATE

Hello Medion,

i'm having lots of issues with freezing with low power usage. screen bugs, mouse stops moving etc.

I've seen that there is a fix for this issue with the new BIOS and EC files.

I''m currently running Bios 1.07 and EC 0.30.

Please tell me there is an update for this, it makes me crazy that such good hardware that it just doesnt work good.. not even close.

my 5 year old laptop is even more fluid then this laptop in its current state.

Tags (4)
22 REPLIES 22
Luke
Community Manager
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Hi @X20-Cherry,

as @Teske has already mentioned:

All the BIOS updates will be visible on our website.

If there is no update, we don't have an update.

Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
X20-Cherry
Apprentice
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Thanks for reacting, but your comment is outright NOT true.

If you would look at the german side of the forum you would see someone asked for a BIOS update for their Major X40 [nvidia 4090]

And out of tin air there is a BIOS update zip delivered from a medion link.

This is the MSN. as you can see there is NO bios update visible on the site.
https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/30035230

And here is the comment
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming-NBs/Erazer-Beast-X40-4090-neustes-BIOS-und-EC-Firmware...

This reply by Major_Tom was MY reason to ask for a possible (hidden) bios update for my Major X20 [4070]. Because Medion is not updating their product pages and you need to ask before there is reaction or even action regarding the object.

but yea it is what it is...

Luke
Community Manager
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

Hello @X20-Cherry,

I would then recommend to contact @Major_ToM directly.

Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

Hi @X20-Cherry ,

we checked with our manufacturer and indeed we can provide version N1.08MED04_EC_1.07.00_20230410 for your MEDION ERAZER Majopr X20 laptop, which can be downloaded here.

It contains a Bios update as well as a EC update and befor running the update we´d like you to know, that the "Secure Boot" option has to be deactivated in the Bios settings.

Please be aware that you noticed the original bios setting before starting the update, because some values may have changed afterwards.

Desclaimer:
For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update.

If you´ve got further questions regarding the update,don´t hesitate to let us know

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

X20-Cherry
Apprentice
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

I am happy with the reaction. I really do. Thanks for the effort.

Just disappointed on the versioning.

which is at this moment 6 months old and looking at other tongfang laptop suppliers have an 10 days old update supplied to the public.

If the supplied update was 2 months younger it would have fixed the major issues which are noted and any new ones after that are nice to haves.

ima update this one first and then debate further if a mix-match of other bios are needed.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Hi @X20-Cherry ,

@X20-Cherry  schrieb:

I am happy with the reaction. I really do. Thanks for the effort.

and looking at other tongfang laptop suppliers have an 10 days old update supplied to the public.

Are you able to give us an exsample of this combined with a version number, so we can doublecheck?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

X20-Cherry
Apprentice
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

PM'd

Greenhorn-Stras
Beginner
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

Hello,

I have the same issue. 
I downloaded this and deactivated "Secure Boot" , but what do I do next?

There is text-file with something like an instruction, it say´s: 

Copy folder "FirmwareUpdate" to target machine
3. Install Certificate:
  Double-Click ProjectName.cat-> View Signature-> View Certificate [...]"

What does this mean?
Thank you 🙂 

valleron2009
New Voice
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

hello,i have medion erazer major x20 laptop.Does the bios from this post is compatible with mine machine even if i have different msn 

ERAZER Major X20 (MD 62520) NL

MSN: 3003 5466

2)Do you  have updated bios and firmware ,i mean newer versions?

zardozthestoneg
Trainee
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

Hi @Major_ToM 

Can you please describe how can we update bios and EC? There is no clear instruction how to do that. There is a text file in firmwareupdate folder which explains(!) how to do that but it is useless completely, because it mentions some other file names and folders. There is no manual for EC update as well.

Please help us on this... Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22