BigJ1985
Newcomer
Message 1 sur 3
101 Visites
Message 1 sur 3
101 Visites

Erazer Deputy P40 Fresh Windows Install

Hi,

I recently purchased the new Laptop MSN 30035513.

As I do with all my machines I do a fresh windows install but this seems to have really messed up the machine as I downloaded the files (00_Bios_Crawler_E40_Deputy_P40.zip and drv_Crawler_E40_Deputy_P40_w11.zip) but not sure the best method to install these. I clicked into every folder and clicked the _install cmd file. This still doesn't seem to be working as expected as I keep getting BSOD after an hour or so of gaming.

So my question is, what is the best method to reinstall all the drivers and update the bios as I did a fresh windows install (delete and reinitiate partition)

Balises (3)
2 RÉPONSES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 sur 3
68 Visites
Message 2 sur 3
68 Visites

@BigJ1985 

It's not a driver problem; Windows would update them.

You most probably have an issue with your Bios.

Name the MSN of your Erazer, And te biios Version (Do not post (include) the serial number)

Cheers, daddle

RAZZ
Explorer
Message 3 sur 3
65 Visites
Message 3 sur 3
65 Visites

hi @BigJ1985 

please perform a full Medion reset and update drivers and windows 

PLEASE NOTE DOING THIS YOU WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA PERFORM A EXTERNAL BACK UP BEFOREHAND

TUNRN THE COMPUTER COMPLETELY OFF

1, Restart your computer and TAP "F11" as you do so to enter recovery mode.

2, Wait a few minutes for Windows to load the files.

3, Select "English" from the language menu and click "Next." Click "Restore to HDD" either with "no backup of user data" to erase all content or with "backed-up user data" to restore your configurations. Click "Next."

4, Click "Next" throughout the following screens to confirm the options

5, Click "Restart" when prompted to finish the recovery process

you can find a driver package following the link below.-

For the MEDION ERAZER Crawler E40 & Deputy P40 model series a Bios update  is available in the download area of the MEDION service page, 

The update is available in the respective download categories, but can also be downloaded via the following direct link:

Download

Please proceed according to the following scheme for the installation:

1. Unzip the downloaded file 00_Bios_Crawler_E40_Deputy_P40.zip into a directory of your choice on the hard disk.
  2. First start the update process for the Bios in Windows environment by executing the FF.inf file in the BIOS folder by right-clicking with the Install menu command.
  3. Perform a reboot of your system.
  4. Then start the update process for the EC under Windows by executing the FF.inf file in the FF folder by right-clicking the Install menu command.
  5. The system has been rebooted for the changes to become effective.

Medion factory reset-

PLEASE NOTE DOING THIS YOU WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA PERFORM A EXTERNAL BACK UP BEFOREHAND

TUNRN THE COMPUTER COMPLETELY OFF

1, Restart your computer and TAP "F11" as you do so to enter recovery mode.

2, Wait a few minutes for Windows to load the files.

3, Select "English" from the language menu and click "Next." Click "Restore to HDD" either with "no backup of user data" to erase all content or with "backed-up user data" to restore your configurations. Click "Next."

4, Click "Next" throughout the following screens to confirm the options

5, Click "Restart" when prompted to finish the recovery process

thanks 

2 RÉPONSES 2