ERAZER X30 Beast power management problems

5 REPLIES 5
gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

ERAZER X30 Beast power management problems

Here I am again with more problems.

I am having a weird issue with my X30 and dGPU setting in Control Center.

If I am in dynamic mode (so autimatically changing between the Intel or Nvidia card).

The games run okay, but apps like Adobe Premier struggling with video playback while editing. The whole machine (12th gen Intel, RTX3080Ti, 32GB RAM) is kinda useless and embarassing for this specs to be honest.

The whole machine feels slower in general for some reason in this mode.

If I am in dGPU mode only, Adobe Premier runs great, but 3D games are lagging as hell.

Is there no firmware update or better Control Center available for this machine?

I could see there were loads of people complaing about issues, but no fixes or updates can be found on-line... 😐

5 REPLIES 5
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@gatgetshark 

Hi, do you know the FAQS for the Beast X30? Sorry, but it's only in german language available.

And in this thread rp post a link for the new version of the UWP (3.33.27.0)  is downloadable:

--> https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming-NBs/Erazer-Beast-X30-Control-Center-UWP/m-p/138531/hig...

The link is still active, in opposite to the experience of the writer of this post,

Bye, daddle

gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply, but  have the same version and have seen the German post already. 🙂

I think a firmware update would be great for the X30.

I might try a Windows 10 install just to see if that made any improvement.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@gatgetshark 

@gatgetshark  schrieb:

Is there no firmware update or better Control Center available for this machine?

Well, if you issues those questions, how about first telling the forum which version is your actual installed version.

Also you should name the MSN- and MD number of your Beast, for us at least to know which edition of the laptop with which configuration you are talking about.

daddle

gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I mentioned the CPU/GPU and memory size. This is about an Beast "X30" as the title tells you. 

I don't think there are too many X30 laptops with 12th gen Intel (Core i9 12900HK), Nvidia RTX 3080Ti, 32GB Ram... (i mentioned this too)

To be honest, I have no idea where to get the MSN or MD numbers from 

but doest that really matter when I am asking about a firmware update or latest Command Center download? 🤔

I had an another question about G-Sync few weeks ago, but I had to figure out the solution myself.  I got no useful replies here. Only some generic copy and paste answers from the "experts". I thought this is a community here that everyone tries to help with small problems. I can only see peoples here with problems, but no solutions for that. There are loads of topics with complaints...

Anyways, Razer's customer care even worst than Medion's.

You can take that as a compliment. 👍

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@gatgetshark 

A typical stupid argument, covering up your own faulty behaviour

You ask for a new version of firmware and control center, but you don't give us your actual installed version. If I ask for it, you get abusive and insulting. 

The  printed MSN and MD number is on a sticker on the bottom of the case.

And yes, they are not many differences in the configuration of most Beast X 30 models. But still there are some.

And this forum is a user helping other users forum, no Medion Service Forum. No reason to get agressive against other users. This disqualifies mostly yourself. 

daddle

5 REPLIES 5