Did you mean: 

Deputy P10 persistent buzzing

4 REPLIES 4
Murfew
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Deputy P10 persistent buzzing

My laptop recently developed an issue where the device is buzzing for around 1 second every 5 or so seconds. I have used the Medion service app diagnostic tools and also performed a full factory reset, neither of which have solved the issue. Alongside the buzzing I have also been having an issue with fan speeds, both problems started at the same time on Wednesday after losing power whilst playing a game. The laptop has lost power several times since then. I have also had multiple blue screens with the code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION for many months now. 

I have recorded the sound the laptop is making, if there is any way to attach/link this please let me know so someone who knows what they're doing can have a listen. 

The laptop is still under warranty and I have contacted support regarding the issue, I'd just like to know potentially what the issue is as I've heard plenty of horror stories regarding Medion and their customer support with warranty returns. If this is something I can resolve myself I think I'd rather go that route than relying on Medion and waiting weeks for any updates as I have seen this problem raised multiple times on these forums. 

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Murfew 

Have a look at this article maybe will help you to pinpoint the problem. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/dpc-watchdog-violation.html

Murfew
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hey thanks for the tip, I have gone through so many different lists of fixes for the blue screen error going back months, none of which changed anything sadly. It's more of an annoyance than anything serious, it's the buzzing and loss of power which concerns me more.

Thanks again though 

Murfew
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I've been doing some more investigating, the buzzing seems to be caused by the fan on the right hand side of the laptop. When looking at the device from underneath, the fan slows down and almost looks like it is wobbling whenever the buzz occurs. As mentioned before the buzz is always the same length with the same time in between each buzz so I reckon that rules out anything being caught in the fan.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Medion support, so has anyone else had a similar issue?

Travis_FM
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi there,

I wanted to confirm whether you are still experiencing the buzzing/loss of power issue? We would like to hear more about this and see if we can help.

If you could contact us on either (hotline@medion.com) or on our customer service line (0333 321 3106). We can look further into the issue and see what other options there could be for this issue, please be able to get the MSN/Serial Number information on the call as we will need this information to best advise about the device. 

Kind regards,

Travis

4 REPLIES 4