BIOS/SSD Issue

2 REPLIES 2
retrofatty
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

BIOS/SSD Issue

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.  I have been trying to upgrade my Erazer P6679 (30023186).  I installed an m.2 sata SSD and cannot get it to register in the BIOS.  Have ensured it is mounted correctly and still no luck.  I was thinking I should update the BIOS as current version is 2.07 and Medion website says latest is 2.11, however when I try to do this my current bios is listed as D15K 207 and the new one is D17K 211 so I get an error and cannot update.  Does anyone have the correct bios update file or any other solution?

Many Thanks and Best Wishes.

2 REPLIES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@retrofatty 

Hi, the Bios on the service page  is version 2.11, the only one there is.

Can you at least see the M2. in the Bios, on the page Advanced  and Sata Mode?

Did you check in disk management  if the M.2 SSD ist listed there? Then you only should have to initiate it there.

If not , the SSD could be defective.

How nmany GB does it have? And you put it in the correct way, the chips on it showing upwards?

Cheers, daddle

retrofatty
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi Daddle,

Thanks for your reply.  I tried that bios but it mismatches with the board version.  It shows up on the bios utility as d17k and my board ID is d15k.  The M.2 does not show in the bios, I have tested the ssd in another laptop and it's working fine.  It is 256gb and is the correct way up etc.

Thanks again.

2 REPLIES 2