SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
Brush3287
Trainee
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Removing a hard disk from an Akoya E63003

Hi,

I need to return the hard disk from my machine in the attached photo below. I already have service call open.

However I have a small problem (which could turn to be a big 'un).

While I'd normally not have a problem getting a disk out of a desktop, the case on this computer is defeating me.

There is one side panel that is removed with two screws very easily.

The disk housing is easy to get at & the 3 screws securing the disk to the housing have not proved a problem. The difficulty is that the power supply is immediately behind the housing & obstructing removal of the disk.

I can see 4 screws at the rear of the case but they are not the only ones securing the power supply. All I need to do is unscrew all the screws so that the power supply can be moved out of the way sufficiently for me to take the drive out.

Only problem is that more screws seem to be on the opposite side of the case. The other 3 sides of the panel don't have screws & are riveted together.

There must be a way of removing the sides so that I can get to the remaining screws to get the power supply out of the way - then I can take the drive out. However I can't see how I would do this.

There may also be an easier way but I can't see it.

Anyone else had this issue & solved it could they let me know.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Harry Broom

IMG_20210409_113119.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brush3287
Trainee
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Sorry about that. I have however discovered a way to get the drive out. The photo attached to this mail shows the issue I had. If anyone has a similar issue with this machine then this is a way out. Not obvious at first but relief at success.

The drive is secured in the housing by 3 screws. One facing you as you look at the drive & two at the bottom of the case where the casing is raised to form part of the disk housing. I had no problem getting those screws out. Just in front of the raised part are two plastic plugs. I found that removing these allowed me to ease the drive out. It was also an easy matter to put a drive already had (I was looking at experimenting with RAID) in the place of the suspect drive which is now going back for repair/replacement.Notice the plastic plugs in front of the drive.Notice the plastic plugs in front of the drive.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Brush3287 ,

first of all thank you for your post. We unfortunately can´t publish your photo, because it contains the serial number (bottom of the picture).
But what I´m thinking about is, that you may post a few Photos of your PC tower, that other users better get into your situation.

Remind that it could take a bit, until the photos are reviewd by our staff members.

Cheers

Majr ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Brush3287
Trainee
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Sorry about that. I have however discovered a way to get the drive out. The photo attached to this mail shows the issue I had. If anyone has a similar issue with this machine then this is a way out. Not obvious at first but relief at success.

The drive is secured in the housing by 3 screws. One facing you as you look at the drive & two at the bottom of the case where the casing is raised to form part of the disk housing. I had no problem getting those screws out. Just in front of the raised part are two plastic plugs. I found that removing these allowed me to ease the drive out. It was also an easy matter to put a drive already had (I was looking at experimenting with RAID) in the place of the suspect drive which is now going back for repair/replacement.Notice the plastic plugs in front of the drive.Notice the plastic plugs in front of the drive.

2 REPLIES 2