Did you mean: 

New Medion PC internal expansion

3 REPLIES 3
Setmaker
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

New Medion PC internal expansion

Looking for information please.  I tried the main site but cannot find what I need and there appears no easy way to contact sales.

My current Medion desktop is now 12 years old and still working well but I think it is time for an upgrade.

My usage does not need super fast speed or fancy graphic cards but i do need an optical drive, extra hard drives and if possible a card reader, all using SATA,  but I cannot find the internal expansion information for currently available Medion's.  

I know external devices and adapters are available but as I use them most days then internal suits me best.

3 REPLIES 3
Setmaker
Beginner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I did find some information by following this thread

Adding a second hard drive and extra usb ports - MEDION Community

The case style is the second one or the newer box style currently being sold bu Aldi UK.

So the next thing is access at the front for the optical drive and card reader.

Pictures speak a thousand words so any pictures inside either case would be very helpful please?

daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Setmaker 

Here are some Pictures. This PC came quite naked without a CD/DVD drive and no hdd. Well with a M2 drive.

To add a CD drive didn't that simple, because you would need a new front cover an a metal cage, which you can not buy in spare parts. So you first must get a model with a built in cd-.drive,

But all  these Models can be completely different equipped with M2 drives, HDD drives, CD/DVD drive and Ram. You should say  which model you want to get.

But  all of them in those housings  are somehow HW.upgradable.

Cheers, daddle

Setmaker
Beginner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Are there any other currently available desktop computers available from Medion that have the option to add an internal CD/DVD?

3 REPLIES 3