Medio Akoya E23401 SSD too small?

5 REPLIES 5
lynnechapman
Beginner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Medio Akoya E23401 SSD too small?

Hi everyone

I have had my PC for a while and it's the first I've ever had with 2 disks; I'm finding it a struggle. At one stage it crashed because the C Drive was full and I ended up having to reinstall Windows and start again. When I install programmes I try to put them, on the D drive but you don't always get that option.I also tried using SymMover to make a virtual link but that hasn't worked very well. And it's getting close to capcity again

So unless anyone can advise how to remedy that I was thinking of replacing the 256 GB SSD with a larger capacity one. Can I do that? Is it safe/easy? What sort of size is best to go for and any good places to buy?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

Lynne

5 REPLIES 5
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @lynnechapman ,

changing the SSD drive should not be that complicated if you have some hardware maintenance knowledge.

But before that, have you tried to change the storage settings?

Search for Storage Settings on your WIndows search bar -> open it -> select option "change where new content is saved" at the end of the screen

You should then be able to select where new documents, apps, movies, photos maps etc will be saved by default

Regards,

Gehringer

lynnechapman
Beginner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Gehringer

Many thanks. Yes, I had done that and all are set to D Drive but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I defnitely need more space.

Lynne

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @lynnechapman ,

I am sorry to hear that.

In this case, please find below the detailed specs of your current SSD card:

SSD M.2 2280-S2-M; 256 GB; PS5012-E12 Series
Phison PS5012-E12
* Form Factor: M.2 2280-S2-M
* Capacity: 512 GB
* PCI Interface PCI Gen 3x4
* Flash Config 256GBx2, 16CE, 256Gb ODP
* NVMe 1.3
* PCI Express Base 3. 1

Please confirm with the seller if the SSD you want to buy is compatible with this one and always look for sellers that would accept refund/returns in case anything goes wrong.

Regards,

Gehringer

lynnechapman
Beginner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks you so very much Gehringer.

Lynne

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@lynnechapman 

To offeryou some help we first need to know the so called MSN number, and the MD as well. The sticker ist located at the bottom of th ePC.

daddle

5 REPLIES 5