H81H3-EM2 BIOS MEMORY/XMP SETTINGS

7 REPLIES 7
MickyC4
New Voice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

H81H3-EM2 BIOS MEMORY/XMP SETTINGS

Hi.

Please can someone advise how I can get to the memory frequency/timings/XMP settings within this BIOS?

I've just upgraded my RAM and need to either activate XMP or change the settings to achieve full speed, but they are not accessible using the normal BIOS function keys.  Is there a 'back door' way in or will it require flashing?

I am on BIOS version H81EM2W08.309 29.10.2014.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @MickyC4 

Could you kindly identify the machine for me using the MSN number (8 digit)
I'll then take a look at what's possible. 

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

MickyC4
New Voice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi TPFLegionaire

The MSN number is 10019863.  Model PC MT 14, Type MED MT8092N.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Mike

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @MickyC4 

Sorry for the late reply,

I am sorry but I will need more info in order to enable my technical team to help you.
Namely , I need more info on the type and model of RAM , including size (GB) that you are attempting to run on this machine.

I can't find the original technical specs so I am a bit at a loss.

Once I have this we should be able to get some answers. 

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

MickyC4
New Voice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi.
No problem.  It's Corsair Vengeance 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9).

I know the issue is this memory has an XMP profile to run at it's full speed of 1600Mhz but because I'm unable to amend the settings or XMP within the BIOS, the memory will only run at 1333Mhz.

Is there a way to access the default memory timings within the BIOS or will this require flashing (which I'm not overly keen to do based on the risks involved)?  Also I don't want to buy different RAM without the XMP as the tighter timings of CAS9 are much better.

Thanks
Mike

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@MickyC4 

Hello Mike, as far as I know is there never in general all Medion Bios or Uefi the possibility to change timings or X.M.P. settings integrated. The bios is set to safe conditions, so that clients might not get into hazzles regarding Ram which operates at it's limits. 

This was the answer of a Mod in the german forum in answering a similar question of a german user.

Regards, daddle

MickyC4
New Voice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hello Daddle.
I thought that may be the case, so I guess I'll just have to stick with the slower RAM speed.  I was hoping there may have been a way around this but understandably even if there was, I doubt Medion would publicise it.
Thanks, Mike 

nicox16
Newcomer
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello, Is there any way to remove this safety bios thing because i have the medion erazer 66020 and the ram was not very good so i changed to 3200 but now i got only 2133 this is very sad. Is there any ways to fix it 

7 REPLIES 7