Juze-81
Trainee
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

MEDION ERAZER RECON P20 new RAM

CPU Int I5-12400F

RTX 3060 12GB

Bios B660H7WOX.107

Originally, the computer had 1x8G 2400Mhz cl22 RAM memory. I bought new RAM memory cards 2x8G 3200Mhz, cl16 dual rank. The computer shows 16g RAM memory, but only 2133mhz. I can't find in the bios where I can adjust the RAM memory in any way. Are these the wrong RAM memory cards or am I doing something wrong?

I bought these

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/184/1536110676/F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Juze-81 ,

what I can say about your request ist, that MEDION does not restrict any replacement hardware softwarewise likeother manufacturers do and also changing RAM, SSD, or graphics adapter hast no effect on the Windows legitimasation in combination with the product key. We do not use this kind of optimization tool, so you would have to check the compatibility for yourself.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Juze-81 ,

if your question is still unanswered we would like to know the 8-digit-MSN article number (lie 1002xxxx) to identify your machine correctly.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Juze-81
Trainee
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Major_ToM .

Here 10024815.

I think this is just poor bios that not allow u do anything. Can i change bios in this product?

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Juze-81 ,

when you obtain an ECS B660H7-M20, you can try to update your Bios version to  V 1.12 using this download, but according to my duty I have to remind you about the MEDION disclaimer, that in case of any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Juze-81
Trainee
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thank you @Major_ToM .

Can you give me a link where I can find information about this bios update so I can read what this bios update contains? I really don't want to just install the bios, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Thank you for your help.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Juze-81 

do you know this post?

https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/ERAZER-Recon-P20-MD-35361/m-p/160552#M15588

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Juze-81
Trainee
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Btw do you know if I can put an rtx 4060 ti 16gb or 4070 graphics card in this machine?

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi @Juze-81 ,

we´re not completely sure about that, because our most powerful configuration with the B660H7-M20 has been with a RTX3070 8GB GDDR6 graphics card variant.
Both cards have a similar power consumption, but depending on the model the RTX 4060 Ti could turn out to be almost 10 cm longer, so you would like have to check, if this fits to your current housing configuraton.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Juze-81
Trainee
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@Major_ToM 

Does the motherboard or bios limit updating a new graphics card to the 4xxx series (will there be problems with the Windows product key?)? Is there any possibility to use intel application optimization tool with this bios and motherboard? There is a new update that would help from the 12th processor technology forward.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Juze-81 ,

what I can say about your request ist, that MEDION does not restrict any replacement hardware softwarewise likeother manufacturers do and also changing RAM, SSD, or graphics adapter hast no effect on the Windows legitimasation in combination with the product key. We do not use this kind of optimization tool, so you would have to check the compatibility for yourself.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

9 REPLIES 9