AKOYA E4070D RAM additional RAM not recognised

4 REPLIES 4
Ricou
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

AKOYA E4070D RAM additional RAM not recognised

Hello,
I've put in two 8GB strips of RAM but the PC still only sees 4GB.
If I only put in one 8GB strip, the PC still only sees 4GB.
However, the technical specification for the model confirms :
Memory: 2x 2048 MB DDR3-SDRAM (PC3-12800 / 1600 MHz)Dual Channel Memory (2/2 Slots covered; 16 GB max.)
How can I get the system to use the 16GB connected?
Thank you for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Ricou ,

I would check if you have the latest BIOS installed, but first of all we ned to know the 8-digit- MSN material number of your PC, which placedon the backside or alternatively on the lower side of the housing, starting with 1002xxxx.

The used mainboard MS 7800 has been provided in different revisions, so after knowing this we can go on.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Ricou
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi ToM,

Thank's for your post and sorry for my delayed response I was in business trip...

I guess the number you are asking is  10017231, see attached picture.

I hope you'll be able to help.

Cheers

Ricou
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Medion.jpg

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Ricou ,

had to decline the picture due to the fact, that it contains the serial number, but I nevertheless was able to figure out your specific hardware configuration.

You own a MSI MS7800 V 2.x mainboard, which can be updated up to Bios version 2.09, which can be downloaded here 

Please ensure to have all other applications (especially background applications) closed, before starting the update procedure.

+++Installation guide+++
1. Unzip the downloaded file into a created folder on your harddisk.

2. Run the file flash.bat from Windows™ surface.

3. If a "WFlash Warning" appears, press OK to execute the update.

4. The system must be rebooted automatically for the changes to become effective.

Attention:
Please be aware that you noticed the original bios setting before starting the update, because some values may have changed afterwards.

Important notice:
Remind, that for any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.

If additional questions occur, you can feel free to ask them.

Cheers

Major ToM
P..S: To mention a community user so that they are notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of their name (e.g. @Major_Tom)

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
4 REPLIES 4