How do you run a Medion PC without a monitor

3 REPLIES 3
aklajman
Newcomer
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

How do you run a Medion PC without a monitor

Hi All,

Ive installed Linux onto my Medion and it works fine.

But I would like to run it headless.  The problem is that when I start the machine without a monitor it starts beeping continuously and does not shut off.  When I start the computer with a monitor plugged in it loads to the prompt fine.

I thought that there would be something in the BIOS that is set to trigger this but I can not find anything here to adjust for this.

Does anyone know how I can turn the Medion PC on without a monitor?

Thanks

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
aklajman
Newcomer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

EDIT - The machine is a Medion Multimedia PC System  Medion Akoya E4075 D / N26968 / MD 8320

The BIOS is American Megatrends, Inc Version 2.15.1227

Thanks

aklajman
Newcomer
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Ok, So I have found the following

If I pull the power out of the monitor (but still have the VGA connected between the Medion and Monitor) then the machine boots fine and I can access it over SSH.

If I pull the VGA out of the monitot (but still have it connected to the Medion) then the machine starts beeping like before and will not boot to Linux.

If I pull the power out of the monitor (but still have the HDMI connected between the Medion and Monitor)then the machine starts beeping like before and will not boot to Linux.

So I dont really understand what is going on here.  Does anyone have any idea?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hello @aklajman  and welcome

I don't know anything about Linux at all.

maybe this post will help:

https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176058#p1227256

or

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=233260

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
3 REPLIES 3