cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling XMP at B360H4-EM (fw 2.20.1271)

6 REPLIES 6
eduelias
Beginner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Enabling XMP at B360H4-EM (fw 2.20.1271)

I need to enable XMP on my B360H4-EM, didn't find any information about it, and no config on the BIOS.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Edu.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@eduelias 

(Hi, if you post in a geman forum you should write in german.)* Second you should name your Computer model, together with the 8-digit MSN number, which you'll find on a sticker on the back or the bottom of your PC.

Otherwise we cannot help you.

Cheers, daddle

Admin Edit:
This thread has meanwhile been moved to the English language section!

getnichgibsnich
Scientist
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello @eduelias ,

if you cannot find any XMP settings in the BIOS/UEFI most likely there is no option for that.  It is not really surprising to me with an Medion computer. If your memory works with standard defaults it is what I expect. Otherwise go back to your previous memory configuration.

Yours sincerely Jan

eduelias
Beginner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi!

First of all, I am so sorry, didn't see that this is a German forum and I don't speak German. 

Second, thanks for your time and here it's my MSN: 1D093010020163, Erazer X87047.

My picture of the label is almost unreadable, as the computer stays in a quite hard-access place and on 100% of the time.

I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to turn on the XMP with the current memory banks I have?
2) Can you provide me a link to buy compatible memories?

Thanks in advance for all your help and, again, Sorry about the English,

Edu.

getnichgibsnich
Scientist
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hello @eduelias 

Unfortunately your info gives not the MSN. The MSN ist a 8-digit number code. Spezification for an Erazer X87047 you can find here (->Technische Spezifikationen).  If it is your computer model, the MSN 10023248 is on the label or you can check with Win+r -> msinfo32. The last 8 digits next to 'System-SKU'  is the MSN.

@eduelias wrote:

I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to turn on the XMP with the current memory banks I have?
2) Can you provide me a link to buy compatible memories?

If the specs of the link apply to your computer the memory data are :
2x 8192 MB DDR4-SDRAM (PC4-21300 / 2666 MHz)Dual Channel Memory (2/2 Slots covered; 32 GB max.)
Memory is compatible if it fullfills these data.

More information about the build-in memory you can find if the vendor is known. This information can be found with the help of tools like hwinfo (freeware). But I'm skeptical. Why should Medion use superior memory components, if there is no possibility to activate the XMP-option ?  A thread which describes a misalignment of the memory frequency gives the information for the mainboard b360h4-em (message 2): only standard defaults are possible - no manual settings.

Yours sincerely Jan

more info about MEDION Erazer X87047 :  https://www.vergelijkdesktops.nl/desktop/medion/medion-erazer-x87047 

Farron
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hello @eduelias 

The probability of activating an XMP profile in a Medion BIOS tends towards zero.
The Aptio Bios used in the PC is correspondingly limited.

Greetings

Gruß Farron
-------------------------------------------------------------
Irgendwas ist immer
ERAZER® x17805, MD 61854, MSN 30029435
eduelias
Beginner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Yes, yes, the MSN is 10023248 (WIN+R for the win!).

Thanks for the clear information! Together with the PC I bought this (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GTG2T7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz banks and they're running at 2133Mhz only. I heard that enabling the XMP would make them run at 3200Mhz but it seems that this motherboard is not made for such frequencies, right?

I never ran the stock ones so I wouldn't know if they were running with a higher frequency or not.

Thanks for your time and clear answers! Have a wonderful day! 😄

6 REPLIES 6