abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 

Boot issues with Medion P5370 E (MD8866)

GELÖST
6 ANTWORTEN 6
WinstonH
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 7
5.744 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 7
5.744 Aufrufe

Boot issues with Medion P5370 E (MD8866)

Hi all,

I have a Medion P5370 E (MD8866) which was sold here in Australia at Aldi as the gaming computer. 

I have just had an issue arise where on start-up the computer will power on with a black screen, the Medion logo will then display, and usually there is the blue spinning wheel below it showing that windows is loading, however that is not appearing. And it stays on that screen. 

I had a technician check basically everything, from bios settings, motherboard function, GPU, tried swapping out the SSD with a new one and doing a fresh Windows install - nothing is working. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible the UEFI bios has somehow been corrupted and needs to be flashed? 

Im tearing my hair out. 

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
WinstonH
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 7
5.724 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 7
5.724 Aufrufe

First I changed the bios to not be a secure boot, which got me past the hanging logo screen to a blue screen that a driver was missing- wdfilter.sys. 

I created a recovery drive on USB and attempted the auto repair, but that didn't work. So I downloaded a fresh wdfilter.sys file, and used the recovery drive to enter command prompt where I copied the file into the relevant folder. 

Restarted and it booted with no issues. 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 ANTWORTEN 6
Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 2 von 7
5.739 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 7
5.739 Aufrufe

Hi @WinstonH ,

it is hard to tell you the fault without knowing exactly what has been been done to the unit.

If there has been an attempt to flash or update/modify the BIOS, then it is possible that it's corrupted.

But the type of fault you are experiencing can have many causes: unsuccessful Windows update, corrupted booting instructions, faulty disc, etc.

If you have already had a technician seeing the unit, I would advise you to get in touch with your local Medion technical support team and check what are the possibilities for your case.

Regards,

Gehringer

WinstonH
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 7
5.729 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 7
5.729 Aufrufe

Thanks for your reply. I ended up solving the issue myself. 

Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 4 von 7
5.727 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 7
5.727 Aufrufe

Hi @WinstonH ,

can you please share with us what you've done so other users may profit from this solution?

Regards,

Gehringer

WinstonH
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 7
5.725 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 7
5.725 Aufrufe

First I changed the bios to not be a secure boot, which got me past the hanging logo screen to a blue screen that a driver was missing- wdfilter.sys. 

I created a recovery drive on USB and attempted the auto repair, but that didn't work. So I downloaded a fresh wdfilter.sys file, and used the recovery drive to enter command prompt where I copied the file into the relevant folder. 

Restarted and it booted with no issues. 

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 6 von 7
5.719 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 7
5.719 Aufrufe

@WinstonH 

How did you come to know which driver was missing? Ok, I see, a screenmessage. And in which folder had it to be copied? This would be essential to know.

Cheers, daddle

WinstonH
New Voice
Nachricht 7 von 7
5.714 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 7
5.714 Aufrufe

The blue screen gave me the full path location for the missing driver. 

6 ANTWORTEN 6