Did you mean: 

B460H6-EM Motherboard Manual

5 REPLIES 5
iGPR3
Trainee
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

B460H6-EM Motherboard Manual

Hi there, I cant find the manual for my B460H6-EM board for the life of me… does anyone know how I can get one or does anyone already have it? If anyone already knows though, I’d like to know which RAM slot I need to use for single channel use. If anyone knows it the slot closest to the CPU or the one furthest away? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@iGPR3 

There is no such a manual for your Mainboard. Medion refuses to support with further technical details.

It is a OEM mainboard, everything is a little bit more simplified in comparison to a Retail board.

as far I know there is no difference between Slot 1 or Slot 2. 

But why do you want to make use of single channel RAM? It's just not as fast as dual channel.

Cheers, daddle

iGPR3
Trainee
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi there @daddle

I had replaced my brother’s thermal paste for him and I had to remove a RAM stick to get to the cooler easier. I did the thermal paste cleanup and whatnot, and put the RAM back in afterwards. But when I booted it, I was approached with the sweet sound of 3 beeps followed by a pause, over and over again. So there is an issue with the RAM. I reseated it about 9 times to no avail.

I’d like to boot with one stick to see if its an issue with just one of the sticks or if both are broken. I’ve also checked for physical damage and I can’t see anything. If I try and boot it with just one stick, then is there no way to know which RAM slot is number one or will both slots work?

Thanks.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@iGPR3 

Just make tests with one stick only in both slots. And than with the other stick.

Then you'll find out whih stick´is the defect one.

daddle

iGPR3
Trainee
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hey @daddle!

I’ve diagnosed the issue. When replacing the cooler I probably knocked the RAM, causing it to damage the slot on the motherboard. I ran a couple tests with the two sticks in different slots, and both sticks of RAM work fine, its just that one of the slots is damaged. I’ll probably just buy a single 16GB stick to replace the crappy 2666MHz sticks. Its only on a single 8GB stick at the moment, but it will run fine for what it’s used for.

Thanks for your help!

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@iGPR3 

How did ou manage to do this? Put the ram modul  the wrong way round?

If  there are only one or two contacts bent the wrong way, one could fix it.

5 REPLIES 5