cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteries don't work - Medion Life E66265 (MD 43147)

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
F34SP30i
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Batteries don't work - Medion Life E66265 (MD 43147)

I recently purchased a Medion Life E66265 (MD 43147) radio/CD-player, which is a great device that I'm very happy with. However, there seems to be one small problem with it.

Two AAA batteries can be used to supply power in order to keep the time display active and to keep settings saved when the device is unplugged. These batteries will keep the device on stand-by and prevent it from being turned off completely.

However, this doesn't seem to work with my device. When I put some batteries in it and then disconnect it from the power outlet it gets completely turned off anyway, even though the batteries should have kept it on stand-by.

I've tried two different sets of batteries which both work fine in other devices. There doesn't seem to be anything visually wrong with the battery compartment either.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @F34SP30i ,

it looks like there is a hardware fault with your unit then. Probably related to the power backup circuit.

If it is still in warranty, please contact Medion Technical Support to have it assessed by a technician.

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @F34SP30i ,

even though the batteries are not keeping the unit on stand by mode, when you switch it back on, are the settings still saved?

Regards,

Gehringer 

F34SP30i
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Gehringer 

No, all settings are lost and need to be re-entered each time the device is switched back on.

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @F34SP30i ,

it looks like there is a hardware fault with your unit then. Probably related to the power backup circuit.

If it is still in warranty, please contact Medion Technical Support to have it assessed by a technician.

Regards,

Gehringer

F34SP30i
New Voice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Gehringer

Yeah, I suspected it would probably be something like that. Well, thanks for trying to help 🙂 

Gehringer
Retired
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @F34SP30i ,

please let us know the outcome of your case.

Regards,

Felipe

F34SP30i
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Well, I decided to leave it as it is since it's not really a major problem. I just placed the device somewhere else where not being able to unplug it would be less inconvenient.

6 REPLIES 6