cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkey Driver for MODEL:WIM 2140 (MD96463)

5 REPLIES 5
cbox
Beginner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Hotkey Driver for MODEL:WIM 2140 (MD96463)

I can't find the hotkey driver, can you help?

5 REPLIES 5
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@cbox 

Hi Cbox,

please state the MSN number ( 8 digits, starting with 100. .... ) of your PC, maybe the last 8 digits of the Item.Nr.

How old is it?

cheers, daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @cbox and welcome

Do you still have the original operating system?

www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=5557&type=treiber&lang=uk

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
cbox
Beginner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

MSN:30007169 

I don't remember the exact age but I bought it around 2003-2004

ik5dgvj.jpg

cbox
Beginner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

No it's not original. I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I tried the driver you shared but it didn't work.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@cbox 

Original war dein Rechner wohl mit Win Vista ausgeliefert worden. Im Serviceportal gibt es die mit der Originalversion ausgelieferten Treiber --> https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/30007169

Bei dem Launchmanager steht auch Windows 7 dabei. Und ist der Gleiche den du bereits hast. Die  anderen Treiber sind nur für Vista 32/64 bit angegeben.

Der Hotkey-Treiber funktioniert  im Verbund mit dem Launchmanager.

Dafür muss der Eintrag 

--> C:\Program Files (x86) \ Launch Manager vorhanden sein, mit den folgenden Dateien drin:

Originally your computer was probably delivered with Win Vista. The service portal contains the drivers supplied with the original version
--> https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/30007169 The launch manager also includes Windows 7. And is the same as you already have. The other drivers are only specified for Vista 32/64 bit. The hotkey driver works in conjunction with the launch manager. For this, the entry --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager should be present with the following files in it:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\WButton.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\OSD.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\KBHook.dll
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\HotkeyApp.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\WisLMSvc.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\WisSvcCtrl.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\langid
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\str_gr.txt
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\str_us.txt
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\str_fr.txt
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\str_jp.txt
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\str_ne.txt
c:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager\str_dk.txt

If these are not included, then take a look at the chipset drivers in the ServicePortal to see whether they fit your computer 
and can be installed.
And whether after reinstalling the launch manager these entries are then all present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Launch Manager. Unfortunately, I do not have any detailed technical data for your device, as these details are no longer listed in the database,
as far as I have access. But you can read the readme.txt in the extracted chipset driver directory. It states which chipset it applies to.
But before installation, be sure to make a system backup of drive C:!

Wenn diese nicht enthalten sind, dann schau dir mal im ServicePortal die Chipsatztreiber an, ob die für deinen Rechner passen.und installiert werden könnten. Und ob nach erneuter Installation des Launch-Managers dann diese Einträge in C:\Program Files (x86) \ Launch Manager alle vorhanden sind.

Ich habe leider keine ausführlichen technischen Daten für dein Gerät, da diese Details in der Datenbank, soweit ich Zugriff habe, nicht mehr gelistet werden.

Aber du kannst Dir die readme.txt im entpacktem Chipset-Treiber Verzeichnis durchlesen. Darin wird angegeben  für welchen Chipset der gilt.

Aber mache dir vor der Installation  unbedingt eine System-Sicherung von Laufwerk C:!

Gruss, daddle

5 REPLIES 5