Erazer Deputy P10 internet security

4 REPLIES 4
newbie_99
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Erazer Deputy P10 internet security

Hello,

I bought a Deputy P10 recently and it came with McAffee LiveSafe preinstalled along with an app called Internet Security. The latter has caused a few problems and the log shows the following;

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MEDION.Internet-Security_1.1.26.0_x64__eqf9tz77ft5w8\Internet Security.exe

I've tried many searches online for this exe but can't find a thing. Can anyone tell me what it is? I've tried starting the app but all I get is a screen with logo and no options to do anything.

Thanks,

newbie_99

4 REPLIES 4
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @newbie_99 ,

maybe a factory settings reset will solve the problem.

Please be aware this procedure may erase all your data so please back it up first and also make sure you can recover the apps and the login credentials for the currently installed programs.

Regards,

Gehringer

newbie_99
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello @Gehringer ,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not too concerned about getting this app working as I have ample firewall & AV software installed. I'm more concerned about what it is doing or meant to be doing. I'm also puzzled that I can find no mention of it online.

Regards,

newbie_99

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @newbie_99 ,

your unit comes with a pre-installed antivirus, which may be installed on this folder.

If you have installed a new antivirus without deleting the previous one, there may be a malfunctioning.

I can confirm the files inside the folder you've mentioned are not malicious

Regards,
Gehringer

newbie_99
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello @Gehringer ,

Thanks for your help. If this is a manufacturers AV it's possible it wasn't correctly uninstalled when Mcafee was installed, presumably by the retailer.

Regards,

newbie_99

4 REPLIES 4