SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
jegetto
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Control center and WAN miniport adapters

Hello,

I have two Beast X25 laptops (MSN: 30031490). Now I want to assign a VPN address with a L2TP security layer. But I'm missing the necessary WAN miniport adapters. No matter what I did (forcing the adapters to show up, factory reset), I didn't get them to work. Only after a fully new installation with a different windows image, no Medion image. I managed to get it working. As I wanted to turn of the keyboard lightning, I installed the control center (3.33.4.0). Guess what, the WAN ports where gone again. Uninstalling didn't help, but a recovery (with the new windows image) got them back.

I don't want to go through the same process with the second laptop. Is there any way I can get the adapters back? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jegetto
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Gehringer,

Thank you for your suggestion. That I've tried. I also tried to manual add them with devcon: {FIX} Error Code 31 at WAN Miniport in Device Manager (Device is not working properly). - wintips.or...

without result.

Since I know where the problem is coming from and this is a fast laptop, I already re-installed the second one with a "clean" windows image and I got all the WAN miniport adapters again. I disabled the RGB lightning in the BIOS. This is not a fix, but it works for me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @jegetto ,

have you tried the steps mentioned on this link here except the one suggesting you replace the adapter?

Regards,
Gehringer

jegetto
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Gehringer,

Thank you for your suggestion. That I've tried. I also tried to manual add them with devcon: {FIX} Error Code 31 at WAN Miniport in Device Manager (Device is not working properly). - wintips.or...

without result.

Since I know where the problem is coming from and this is a fast laptop, I already re-installed the second one with a "clean" windows image and I got all the WAN miniport adapters again. I disabled the RGB lightning in the BIOS. This is not a fix, but it works for me.

emmajohan
Newcomer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Nice post thanks for sharing it is very helpful for me.Philips Promotional Code

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello @emmajohan  and welcome

nice that the contribution could help you so it should be.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to have read the community guidelines yet: third-party advertising is not allowed.

(and if you already use one somewhere, the url address should at least be spelled correctly.)

http:// https://cou................ bad

https://cou......................... correctly

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
4 REPLIES 4