Failed Hard Drive eMMC on Akoya E3222 MD63310 MSN30026562

1 REPLY 1
PathMan
Trainee
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Failed Hard Drive eMMC on Akoya E3222 MD63310 MSN30026562

Hello All,

My 4 year old Akoya has been playing up for some days then last week it failed to boot properly.

i tried using the Windows Recovery media on the USB drive to no avail

i dropped it into a local PC repair shop but they have advised the SSD drive (which is an eMMC) is trashed and can’t be repaired by anything OR replaced as it is soldered to the main board!

They did try installing a SDD SATA drive to install the OS on that but again could not work around the trashed eMMC drive.

Is there anything I can try to recover the notebook or is it at the end of life?

Thanks in anticipation of your advise/suggestions

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @PathMan and sorry for replying that late.
First of all it´s definetely sad to hear that your laptop quit it´s duty, but the scenario you described is by fact the worst case which could possibly happen. Hopefully you saved  most of your valuable data before the crash.

The repair shop did everything well, so if they did not find an option, to bring the unit back to life, there seems to be not further option, as sad as it is.

Regards

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1