Erazer X40 Issues Freezing and Crushing when gaming

SOLVED
19 REPLIES 19
Sarria
Apprentice
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Erazer X40 Issues Freezing and Crushing when gaming

HI, I have this issue from the day i got the laptop. I have reinstalling the windows for 2 times, i have reinstall the video driver for several times too and nothing seams to work. For what i can see here, people are talking about the BIOS. My current version BIOS is N.1.14M EC version 0.27.00. Can anyone can tell me if there is any BIOS update i can make and where to find it? Ohh yes,my MEDION Windows Diagnostics app can`t provide me with any download links for any drivers.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

Thanks @Sarria for the information.

I can offer you BIOS_N1.18MED06 & EC_1.08.00 which can be downloaded here:

Despite from the EC update you find two different Bios variants, whereby I recommend updating the Bios via the dev manager with the files in the FirmwareUpdate folder.

If further questions occur, you can feel free to come back anytime and you also may think about enabling the optional Windows updates, which als may contain future updates.

Disclaimer:
For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Hi @DistraughtBanan ,

thank you for informing us about your issue, we immediately try to take care of.

I just received the information, that Bios V 1.20 was now released from Beta status and can be downloaded here

+++Installation guide+++

1. Unzip the downloaded file to a location on your harddisk.

2. Enter the device manager (see similar pic below), and choose „Firmware“ / „System Firmware“ and „Update Driver“.
3. Refer to the path BIOS\GM7PX8N_9N\FlashUtil\FirmwareUpdate,located on your harddisk and start the update.

4. The system must be rebooted for the changes to become effective.

Major_ToM_0-1689139924221.jpeg

Disclaimer:
For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Hi @Sarria  and welcome to thge MEDION Community,

could you please provide more detailed information like the full product naming, MD number, or the 8-digits MSN numer (3003xxxx),which is placed on a sticker on the lower case of your laptop?

Afterwards we can provide the appropriate Bios version

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Hi @Major_ToM ,

Sure MD 62505, MSN 3003 5239. Also i cant see any download link from the MEDION Windows Diagnostics app. like Control Center App v5.45.9.0 (keyboard color change, fan speed etc.) pop-ups a new white window with nothing.

Thank you.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

Thanks @Sarria for the information.

I can offer you BIOS_N1.18MED06 & EC_1.08.00 which can be downloaded here:

Despite from the EC update you find two different Bios variants, whereby I recommend updating the Bios via the dev manager with the files in the FirmwareUpdate folder.

If further questions occur, you can feel free to come back anytime and you also may think about enabling the optional Windows updates, which als may contain future updates.

Disclaimer:
For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

@Major_ToM  I see no link to download.

blank.png

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

Hi @Sarria ,

maybe you should potentially deactivate the popup blocker of your browser?
Updatze has already been successfully downloaded a couple of times.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

Hello @Major_ToM ,

Finally i update the BIOS version to BIOS_N1.18 but  EC its stays the same as 0.27 and the freeze and crush are the same 😞

I just check the back of the laptop if there are any issues with the ventilation air and no issues. 

I really dont know what to do ...

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

Hi @Sarria ,

we´ll take care about, until we fixed the problem.

Could you sent me a private message with the full serial number of your device (starts with GM7PX9Nxxxxx) and I´ll get back to you to check the next steps to be done.

Regards

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

DistraughtBanan
Beginner
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that I have been having this exact same issue with 3 separate units sent to me by Medion. I've been in contact with support since February or March and there has been zero progress made in fixing this problem. They won't even say if they're working on this problem. I hope you have better luck than I have

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Hi @DistraughtBanan ,

thank you for informing us about your issue, we immediately try to take care of.

I just received the information, that Bios V 1.20 was now released from Beta status and can be downloaded here

+++Installation guide+++

1. Unzip the downloaded file to a location on your harddisk.

2. Enter the device manager (see similar pic below), and choose „Firmware“ / „System Firmware“ and „Update Driver“.
3. Refer to the path BIOS\GM7PX8N_9N\FlashUtil\FirmwareUpdate,located on your harddisk and start the update.

4. The system must be rebooted for the changes to become effective.

Major_ToM_0-1689139924221.jpeg

Disclaimer:
For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, we don´ t accept any responsibility for damage or lost of data.The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

19 REPLIES 19