annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Model P7651-MD61016 - Webcam stopped working, not listed in devices, not found with hardware search

18 RÉPONSES 18
flynntommy
Apprentice
Message 1 sur 19
9 841 Visites
Message 1 sur 19
9 841 Visites

Model P7651-MD61016 - Webcam stopped working, not listed in devices, not found with hardware search

Hi. The webcam on my laptop won't work.  I have tried everything - control panel, device manager, troubleshooting, but to no avail.  It was working fine a few days ago (I was on skype) and hadn't used it since.  But today it was saying that there is no camera attached, the camera is grayed out in skype, not listed in device manager (even when I displayed hiddem devices) and no amount of searching finds the device.

Any help appreciated.

Balises (5)
18 RÉPONSES 18
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 sur 19
7 142 Visites
Message 2 sur 19
7 142 Visites

Hi @flynntommy,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Forum.

For providing you with further assistance I’d like to ask you some complementary questions:

Could you please confirm the MSN number of your device?

You can find it in the label underneath your NB and I suspect it is 30024212

Can you also tell me if you are using the Windows 10?

Have you updated anything (windows, softwares, drivers) prior to the fault?
(ie. that well known reminder telling us that Windows has pending updates whenever we are trying to shut the NB down)

Is your NB under warranty or out of warranty?

All the best,

Gehringer

flynntommy
Apprentice
Message 3 sur 19
7 137 Visites
Message 3 sur 19
7 137 Visites

Hi @Gehringer 

Yes the MSN is 30024212.  I am using Windows 10.  I had a look at the Update history and there seems to have been a few minor updates for Windows 1903, Adobe Flash and .Net.  There were also some Windows Defender Security Intelligence updates and an Anitvirus antimalware one.  ALl were around the 12th, which would have been the last time I would have used Skype/webcam.

I thought of doing a restore, but there doesn't seem to be a resstore point available.

When I was trying to correct the problem, initially the Cam showed in the Device Manager, although when clicked it was shaded.  I checked for driver updates, which said they were fine.  I also uninstalled the device, and then ran a scan for hardware changes, assuming it would pick up the cam again, as it usually does for devices when you do this.  However, it didn't.

I have turned off and on the laptop a number of times, even leaving it off for the night, but still no luck recognising the cam.

As I purchased the laptop new on December 28th, it would still be under warranty.

Many thanks for your help and assistance.

Regards

Thomas

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 sur 19
7 124 Visites
Message 4 sur 19
7 124 Visites

Hi @flynntommy,

It seems that last windows update may be causing some issues just like the one you are experiencing.

You might follow this thread posted at Microsoft community page and try a few things they are suggesting.

If you don’t want to do that or if the problem persists, since your camera was working prior to this update, you may try to perform a factory reset on your NB and restore its default settings.

For doing so, please refer to the page 37 of your user manual that you can find in this site.

Just perform a search using you product's MSN number and then select the option "Manual".

Remember that a factory reset will erase all data in the machine so make sure you have all your files backed up and that you will be able to reinstall and run all the programs that you want to keep.

All the best,

Gehringer

flynntommy
Apprentice
Message 5 sur 19
7 111 Visites
Message 5 sur 19
7 111 Visites

Hi again @Gehringer, and thank you for replying.

I went to that forum and did try what was suggested.  However, my webcam wasn't listed and I don't have discs for the driver (the other option it mentioned). If I knew what brand of cam there is on the NB, then I could maybe find the drivers online.

I really don't want to go down the road of a factory reset, as I would worry about losing so much of my stuff.

Thanks again, and if you know of any other solution, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Thomas

Gehringer
Retired
Message 6 sur 19
7 090 Visites
Message 6 sur 19
7 090 Visites

Hi @flynntommy,

I would suggest you to go to Medion's UK service website and choose the "E-Mail contact form" option.

Please fill the form explaining what happened and asking for the proper driver for your notebook webcam (please provide the product's MSN, windows version and any other details you may find suitable, such as a list of the updates you have identified and that may have caused the issue).

You can also add any file (screenshot, photo, etc) that you think will help the technical team to better understand your issue.

In the meanwhile, I am doing tests myself to help you finding a solution for your problem.

Best regards,

Gehringer

flynntommy
Apprentice
Message 7 sur 19
7 070 Visites
Message 7 sur 19
7 070 Visites

Hi @Gehringer 

Thanks for getting back to me.  I still have found no solution to this issue.  I have been on to the Microsoft message board too and no-one can help there either, except to say that an update is coming!

I have emailed the UK like you suggested and await an answer.

Many thanks again.

Tommy

Gehringer
Retired
Message 8 sur 19
7 051 Visites
Message 8 sur 19
7 051 Visites

Hi @flynntommy,

I am sure Microsoft will come up with a new update soon and, if necessary, we will update our drivers accordingly afterwards.

For the moment let's wait for the update to arrive.

Please come back and let us know if it has solved your problem so other users may benefit from reading this thread.

Best regards,

Gehringer

flynntommy
Apprentice
Message 9 sur 19
7 042 Visites
Message 9 sur 19
7 042 Visites

Hi again @Gehringer 

I was waiting until the update today, and have just installed it, but nothing has changed. Still no webcam, still no USB 3 and only 1 of 2 USB 2s.

Very frustrating now that I have been waiting 2 weeks and no success with Microsoft.  I really need my webcam and USBs.

Gehringer
Retired
Message 10 sur 19
7 033 Visites
Message 10 sur 19
7 033 Visites

Hi @flynntommy,

since you need your USBs and cameras working as soon as possible and they were working previously to the update, I would once again recommend you to try to reset your NB to a previous state, but since you don't have any recovery point created, in your case it would be the initial state (restore its factory settings).

If you want to move forward with this, please go to our online support website and type your MSN number in the proper blank field.

Once you do so, you should be able to download your product's user guide. Please find instructions on how to perform a factory settings reset on page 37.

Please remember to back all your data up before performing this procedure as all your data might be erased.

Regards,

Gehringer

18 RÉPONSES 18