Did you mean: 

Medion MD 31397 UK Media Player Issue

6 REPLIES 6
wackyraces
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Medion MD 31397 UK Media Player Issue

I have a number of files that are on a portable hard disk that are used to test HDR. I've found on a number of occasions that it can be playing fine and suddenly it will stop and exit. Has anyone else experienced this issue on the same TV?

6 REPLIES 6
Burki48
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @wackyraces and welcome to the Community.

This looks as if the data transfer rate is not permanently sufficient to play the videos correctly. When playing back 4K videos with HDR, a very high and constant data transfer rate is necessary so that the videos are played correctly. Does your hard drive have an external power supply or do you supply the USB port of your TV with electricity? It is best to use an external power source to ensure a sufficient power supply.

Greetings

Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

wackyraces
Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi

The external drive has separate power so not drawing power from the TV USB port. It's USB 3, so has the performance. I've also tried a SSD in a USB 3.1 caddy, which works perfectly fine when connected to the Nvidia Shield.

Will there be any firmware updates for the device at all?

Thanks

Burki48
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hello @wackyraces thank you for your feedback.

Have you connected the TV to the Internet? If not, please connect it once to the Internet and leave the connection for at least one day. As a rule, the television then automatically pulls out available Software updates.

Otherwise, please let us know which software version is currently installed. A description of how to find the installed software version, see the manual on page 46.

Also tell us the serial number of your TV. But please send it by private message. and not post it here in public.

Greetings

Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

wackyraces
Apprentice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Burki48 

The TV has been setup and connected to the internet on a wired connection since installation.

The details for the TV are,

Software upgrade V.5.7.15.0 MED

Application Version V.4.18.0.6

I will PM you the serial number of the TV.

Cheers

Burki48
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hello @wackyraces,

Thanks for your feedback.

Your TV already has the latest software version. Therefore there is no update available. Try another external memory. If the problem persists, please contact our service.

Greeting
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

wackyraces
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Burki48 

Thank you for your help with the issue.

I've tried various USB media, including 64GB Sandisk Extreme USB 3.1 and the same issue occurs. I'm not sure if the TV could have faulty USB ports. I purchased it from Aldi in the UK. I'll contact them and check the options available.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6