4 ANTWOORDEN 4
EZR718
Beginner
Bericht 1 van 5
2.454 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 5
2.454 Weergaven

Lifetab E10702 and Whatsapp: rotated video

I'm new to this forum. Please excuse me if I'm posting under the wrong category.

My parents, who live on the other side of the globe, recently started using a Lifetab E10702. Today, for the first time, we used it on Whatsapp Messenger. Things didn't work out as planned.

What I see on my smartphone is that their video is rotated 90 degrees. It's as if they are both laying down instead of sitting. They see me just fine. Note: I don't have this problem with my other Whatsapp contacts.

I suspect this is due to a simple setting on the tablet, perhaps a setting such as "Auto Rotate" on my smartphone.

Can anyone confirm that, please? And where can I tell them to make the correction?

Thank you.

4 ANTWOORDEN 4
Gehringer
Retired
Bericht 2 van 5
2.401 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 5
2.401 Weergaven

Hi @EZR718 and welcome to the FORUM!

I believe your parents tablet comes with Android Pie which has the function of locking auto-rotate, which means that it won't rotate the screen automatically when the tablet is rotated.

I believe your parents will need to get familiar with this new function.

You will find more information on how to handle this feature on this link here

Please let us know if it worked.

Regards,

Gehringer

EZR718
Beginner
Bericht 3 van 5
2.391 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 5
2.391 Weergaven

Thank you, I will attempt to have them try that next time we talk.

Gehringer
Retired
Bericht 4 van 5
2.385 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 5
2.385 Weergaven

Great @EZR718 

Please come back and let us know if it solves the issue.

Regards,

Gehringer

EZR718
Beginner
Bericht 5 van 5
2.378 Weergaven
Bericht 5 van 5
2.378 Weergaven

I will do that, thank you.

I'm not entirely sure which Android version the tablet runs. It was bought new in December 2019 (by my sister) as a present for my parents. I believe that was at an Aldi store in Belgium. It wasn't used or even powered up until a few months ago. It may have come with Pie, or may have updated itself to Pie by now; I don't know. But I will find out.

I asked my sister to install TeamViewer on the tablet, which she did. With it I should be able to log into the tablet myself and see if I (or they) can fix the issue.

We will find out on Sunday, our weekly phone call day  😊

4 ANTWOORDEN 4