Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Stuck on boot screen

System:

Medion Erazer x7851

MD60706

MSN 30023074

BIOS Version: 1.05.03RGME1_00001

After a windows update last night (don't know if it's related or just bad timing) my machine refuses to boot. I get the Medion logo and the spinning circle of dots and then it quickly restarts and repeats in a loop. 

I have tried accessing the BIOS but I have only one boot option from the SSD. No other option changes appear to have any affect. 

I purchased the laptop second hand last year and it has worked ok up until now however the battery is completely dead, if I unplug mains at all it immediately dies. Apart from that it is ok. 

I would very grateful if anyone can suggest anything. My first thought would I would need a Windows USB boot. Does that mean I need another Windows activation key? 

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Datwozza
Apprentice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Turn it off using the power button hold it down, if this dont work do a fresh windows install.

Create a Windows 10 iso using a usb.

To install Windows, turn on usb boot option in the bios.

When you get to what drive you want to install it too, shift+f10, type in diskpart and clean the disk.

You wont need another activation key your motherboard will remeber your key.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Datwozza
Apprentice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Turn it off using the power button hold it down, if this dont work do a fresh windows install.

Create a Windows 10 iso using a usb.

To install Windows, turn on usb boot option in the bios.

When you get to what drive you want to install it too, shift+f10, type in diskpart and clean the disk.

You wont need another activation key your motherboard will remeber your key.

Frank314
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Rory! 😄
Unfortunately the hardware was at fault and this laptop was bricked shortly after. The solution about reinstalling Windows would do the trick normally but the battery was faulty which led to a motherboard fault and it was more cost effective to replace the laptop than repair.

2 REPLIES 2