S15449 - Install Linux

2 REPLIES 2
Chris35
Newcomer
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

S15449 - Install Linux

Hello,

I just bought an Akoya S15449 and I can't seem to find the boot menu. Is there a way to get to the boot menu and properly launch a live USB to install my OS? It's weird it's not easily accessible. I only had good ideas about Medion before. I can access BIOS but not boot menu. and Windows is pre installed

Best regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Chris35
Newcomer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Just managed to launch a live USB but the keyboard is not working/recognized, touchpad neither. Is it a common Medion problem? Anyone with an idea of how to solve this?

Pinguin59
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hello Chris35,

Yes in facts, this is a well known problem with the MEDION Akoya S15449 notebook. MEDION don't provide any support with Linux.

It's a kernel issue, but it is essentially fixed in the most recent kernels. There is a long thread on it here:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213031

I'm running Ubuntu Budgie on the the MEDION Akoya S15449, and it works fine. My kernel is 5.13.0-22-generic. The only matter is that "right-click" doesn't work with the touchpad, only with an external USB mouse. However the right-click works with the touchpad under Windows 10 and with Linux in a Virtualbox under Windows.

Have fun,

Pinguin59

2 REPLIES 2