SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
bebbindf
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

notebook S3409 not switching on

Hi

My S3409, which has worked perfectly for a number of years, this morning is not powering on. 

I was using it and my keyboard stopped working, or at least I couldn't type on any application, I decided to hibernate the notebook and restart it to kick the keyboard back into action, I did this by pressing the power button as I normally do. However once it had hibernated it will not power back up, neither with battery or mains. No lights come on whatsoever.

I have looked on some pages which suggest removing the mains cable and the battery, holding the power button for 30 seconds. replacing the battery and/or power but that has not helped.

Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bebbindf
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi

Many thanks for the response, but no, the charger was not the issue, but was related! The LED card for the charger had burnt out, one I removed it off the motherboard all worked fine.

Regards

Dave

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
mats749
Tutor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @bebbindf 

Welcome to the community! 

Have you checked the charger to ensure that its working correctly? 

Thanks 

Mats749

bebbindf
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi

Many thanks for the response, but no, the charger was not the issue, but was related! The LED card for the charger had burnt out, one I removed it off the motherboard all worked fine.

Regards

Dave

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2