medion erazer x7833 - sudden CPU cooling problems

1 REPLY 1
ja_majk
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

medion erazer x7833 - sudden CPU cooling problems

Hi guys 

I own medion erazer x7833 for about 4 years and never had any issues with playing games. I've played the whole winter 2019/2020 DayZ with bunch of mods on max details, Cities:Skylines with huge cities developed, Monster Hunter Online also almost max details... However, couple weeks ago my computer started shutting down at random playing different games. DayZ is shutting down computer after 3min gameplay on very low details, Crusader Kings 3 is barely playable due to fan noise and temperatures are way too high. 

I got MSI Afterburner and SpeedFan software to monitor temperatures. When I'm using only Edge browser, Outlook, Office365 etc, the temperatures are about 47C for GPU and 58C to 64C for CPU cores. When I play games these parameters instantly rise to around 70C on GPU and 82C on CPU. Fans go loud (but not as loud as on 'max fan' button) after that laptop just shuts down. 

I never overclocked this laptop. Upgraded SSD drive and 16GB ram, both about 2 years ago and it was working fine so far.

I have newest updated Windows 10 version and newest NVIDIA drivers. I turned off Avast, which I was using for years without issue. I bought a Zalman laptop cooling stand. Problem remains. Anyone can help identify and hopefully fix the problem?

Best,

Michael

1 REPLY 1
ja_majk
Beginner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Addendum: I also replaced new cooling paste on CPU and cleaned dust from radiators etc.

1 REPLY 1