joep
Beginner
Message 1 sur 6
3 985 Visites
Message 1 sur 6
3 985 Visites

m.2 SSD not recognised on disk management in medion e2293

Hallo,

I have installed a m.2 drive in the slot underneath, however the "disk management" utility does not list it. I have numerous work arounds mentioned on the internet, including booting into linux.

The MSN number of the machine is 30024955 and the drive is a WD blue m.2 2280 250gb.

Is there anything I can try or is the device faulty? I thought perhaps the secure boot might be blocking something.

many thanks,
Joe

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions acceptées
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 sur 6
3 956 Visites
Message 2 sur 6
3 956 Visites

Hi @joep ,

Your machine should auto detect the new SSD.

Can you please check if the drive is being detected in the BIOS?

If so, you might need to use the manufacturers utilities to enable the drive within Windows for first use.

If not, then it may be a faulty SSD drive. Have you tested it in different devices?
Or maybe even a faulty MB.

Regards,

Gehringer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 RÉPONSES 5
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 sur 6
3 957 Visites
Message 2 sur 6
3 957 Visites

Hi @joep ,

Your machine should auto detect the new SSD.

Can you please check if the drive is being detected in the BIOS?

If so, you might need to use the manufacturers utilities to enable the drive within Windows for first use.

If not, then it may be a faulty SSD drive. Have you tested it in different devices?
Or maybe even a faulty MB.

Regards,

Gehringer

joep
Beginner
Message 3 sur 6
3 939 Visites
Message 3 sur 6
3 939 Visites

Hi Gehringer,

Thanks for the reply, there doesn't seem to be a way to list the disks in the BIOS, so I guess it isn't detected. Where should it appear in the BIOS for the e2293?  I did try disabling the secure boot but this had no effect. I have now sent it back to the supplier.

I haven't read anything about using the manufacturers utility, but I see there is the WD digital dashboard and will try next time. Unfortunately I do not have a seperate device to test the drive further.

best regards,

Joe

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 sur 6
3 935 Visites
Message 4 sur 6
3 935 Visites

Hi @joep ,

this link here explains how to see whether or not the BIOS recognizes your driver.

If the driver is shown up in there, then it's being recognized.

Regards,

Gehringer

joep
Beginner
Message 5 sur 6
3 815 Visites
Message 5 sur 6
3 815 Visites

Hi,

The drive didn't show up in the bios as far as I could see, this link talks about secure boot. I have since tried an external USB enclosure, and that did recognise the drive and I was able to format it.

I tried again to install the drive inside the laptop and it was not recognised as before.

So, the drive itself is working, is the socket or laptop faulty, do you know if are there further settings I can try?

best regards,

Joe

Gehringer
Retired
Message 6 sur 6
3 803 Visites
Message 6 sur 6
3 803 Visites

Hi @joep ,

in this case I would recommend you to get in touch with our technical support team for a repair.

Regards,

Gehringer

5 RÉPONSES 5