1 RÉPONSE 1
Andrei
Beginner
Message 1 sur 2
2 874 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
2 874 Visites

Windows instal problems.

I just bought a Medion Akoya E6416, the problem is that when i try to boot the windows (7) it boots for about a minute then goes on into starting the windows it has as if nothing happend, from what i understood the bios has some kind of boot protection, wich wont let me boot the cd, and the bios is strange, i havent seen such bios ever in my life, can someone please help? And if you know how can i turn off the touchpad, thank you and sorry for bad english.

Balises (1)
1 RÉPONSE 1
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 sur 2
2 855 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
2 855 Visites

Hi @Andrei

Computers today are all equipped with an UEFI, which is essentialy the successor of the BIOS. A Windows 7 installation disc will most likely not be compatible with UEFI. 

You would have to check if your BIOS has any legacy options to allow booting from non-UEFI media. I can't tell you If these options are available on your system and if so, where to find them in the BIOS. This can be different for each system. Sometimes there is an " OS select" option where you can choose Windows 10/8 for UEFI or Windows 7/other OS for legacy BIOS. Sometimes there is a "launch CSM" or a "Legacy mode" etc. 

Also, you might have to turn off "Secure boot" to be able to boot from a Windows 7 disc, this is usuallu found under the "Security" tab, but this could also very with different notebooks and BIOS versions. 

Kind regards,
Bart
1 RÉPONSE 1