Did you mean: 

VR Headset still not working PLEASE HELP

0 REPLIES 0
ikelseini
Beginner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

VR Headset still not working PLEASE HELP

As you can see in one of my last posts, I got problems with my HMD. I own a Medion Erazer WMR HMD, which is basically a differntly branded Lenovo Explorer, as far as I understood that. First day everything worked well, than I updated Windows and nothing was working anymore. But the Mixed Reality Portal for SteamVR also got an update on the same day. So I reinstalled everything, which didn't worked. I tried basically everything until the point, where I just reinstalled Windows on my SSD. I downloaded my Nvidia Drivers, Steam, SteamVR, WMR Portal for SteamVR and the WMR Portal from Microsoft itself and it worked just fine. I didn't made any more manual updates than the ones, that already were on the freshly prepared boot stick with the media creation tool. I don't exactly know which Windows version it was.

So today, same as last time, as soon as I plug in my VR headset, my display goes dark and Windows tells me, that there is a problem with the display drivers so it uses the windows basic display drivers from now on. Keep in mind that I get all those messages in german, so they might actually ne named differently if you get the same problems. And after that, my WMR portal opens by itself as it is intended to do, with the message that my HMD might not be plugged in correctly, which it definitely is. And the error code 1-4 appears.

I reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, didn't work. I was on 442.50 at this point. So I tried the older one, 442.19, which also didn't worked. But I already played on both, so it is possible and it might not even be the source of my problems. So I gave Windows the most recent Update, but didn't installed the optional ones, because thats where all my problems began in the first time. So I'm on Windows Version 1909 now. And and reinstalled Steam, Steam VR, the WMR Portals and so on. Still the same problems.

0 REPLIES 0
0 REPLIES 0