Problem with Medion Akoya s15449

3 REPLIES 3
eraifmik
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Problem with Medion Akoya s15449

Hello ..

I am a designer and programmer & I currently own ( MEDION AKOYA S15449 (MD 63955)

It's a very new device (But there is a big problem with the screen) When starting up and the appearance of the Medion logo on the screen, I noticed the appearance of a shadow, but a glowing yellow-white color, centered at the edges of the screen in all four directions, and also appears only on black backgrounds.

I noticed this from the first moment I bought the device

I love black color and black backgrounds.. this is very annoying

What is this, is this normal?

Thanks you,,

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
mats749
Tutor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi Eraifmik,

Welcome to the community!

Without seeing the screen, I couldn't say for sure, but it sounds like you're describing Back-light bleed. certain amounts of backlight bleed are normal due to the nature of the screens and how they work. You could try and turn the brightness down a little and see if it makes a difference however, normally there is no way of preventing it.

If you do feel like its excessive, Id recommends contacting your local Medion service center

Thanks
Mats749

eraifmik
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

MEDION AKOYA S15449 (MD 63955) MSN: 30032181

When starting up and the appearance of the Medion logo on the screen, I noticed the appearance of a shadow, but a glowing yellow-white color, centered at the edges of the screen in all four directions, and also appears only on black backgrounds.

I noticed this from the first moment I bought the device

What is this, is this normal?What is this, is this normal?

mats749
Tutor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi Eraifmik,

Id certainly recommend contact your local medion support to have this looked at. 

You can contact medion support via the website here  

Thanks 

Mats749

3 REPLIES 3