4 RÉPONSES 4
Timpo
Beginner
Message 1 sur 5
1 719 Visites
Message 1 sur 5
1 719 Visites

Power Adaptor lead damaged

Hi.  The lead from the power adaptor for my Akoya E2228T (MSN 30023301) appears to be damaged and the charging process is intermittent.  I'm trying to find a replacement but can someone please let me know what size input jack I need?  Thanks.

4 RÉPONSES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 sur 5
1 710 Visites
Message 2 sur 5
1 710 Visites

@Timpo 

Hi, I don't know this. At which part ist the lead damaged? Just outside the plug? Also check the input socket on the mainboard. It's more likely that your intermittent charging depends on a badly or broken soldering; often the cenral pin of the socket leads directly soldered to the mainboard, an this could be loose. 

But if it is the lead outside the plug cut ithe cable and excide the faulty part, and reonnect the leads. It's only 12 or 5 V  even if it holds 19V.

regards, daddle 

Timpo
Beginner
Message 3 sur 5
1 708 Visites
Message 3 sur 5
1 708 Visites

Thanks for coming back to me, the lead is showing bare wire at the point where the wire joins the plug which goes into the laptop (the opposite end from where it goes into the mains).  I can't redo the wiring because I cannot open the plug, it's a sealed piece of plastic.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 sur 5
1 705 Visites
Message 4 sur 5
1 705 Visites

@Timpo 

But you can measure the outer diameter and lenght,  and I calbrated the inner diameter  with a couple of different fine bare wires; the one whicht fits best you can measure with a caliper ? (don't know exact word for it)

fbarga
Newcomer
Message 5 sur 5
1 532 Visites
Message 5 sur 5
1 532 Visites

Hi,

I have similar issue and it is the input socket on the mainboard which is damaged.  The Medion Service tried to get me for 130eur although still in garantee. Therer were little nutches here and there but the laptop works fine...just needed the socket replaced and they told me that they cannot do partial repairs.. %&$%§ !!! ( GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE )
So I told them i do it myself.  
Anyone knows where i can purchase such input sockect ? I have already took it off and tried to replace it but it is so small that i cannot find anything similar.

4 RÉPONSES 4