Did you mean: 

Medion Akoya E6435 no power

1 REPLY 1
Ezenia
Trainee
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Medion Akoya E6435 no power

So after not powering up a Medion Akoya E6435 for several months, I found it no longer powers up at all when I tried to turn it on today. I did some basic fixes and failed to make any progress. As I removed the keyboard and felt around the parts of the motherboard that were visible, I could sense some heat coming from somewhere, it was very faint. This prompted me to take a closer look as experience has told me a heating board is a bad sign. I disassembled the laptop completely and removed the motherboard. I then hooked up the charger and turned the motherboard on the opposite side where I felt the heat coming from. I touched the top of a chip and ouch, the heat was immense. It gets rapidly hot the moment the charger goes into the charging port. Once I take it out, the heat subsides. I don't have to press the power button at all. It isn't even connected at this point. Pretty much nothing but the CPU and heatsink is attached to the motherboard.

So now I at least know the motherboard has some sort of fault. I cannot identify what the chip does and Google isn't helping. This is rather annoying as I'd like to try and fix it. Would the Medion support team be able to help out with this, or is this something they likely wouldn't address?

I tried to see if there were any replacement motherboards on sale, but unfortunately I couldn't find any for the E6435 model. Does anyone here happen to know if any other motherboards would be compatible with the laptop chassis? I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask.

1 REPLY 1
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

hello @Ezenia and welcome

there are still a remaining amount of motherboards msn 40063319 (558€) in the Medion spare parts shop but they are more expensive than the laptop.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
1 REPLY 1