Did you mean: 

MEDION AKOYA E2228T MD 62250 DC input jack

14 REPLIES 14
jc101
Beginner
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

MEDION AKOYA E2228T MD 62250 DC input jack

I am trying to identify the make/model of the DC Input jack on a MEDION AKOYA E2228T MD 62250.  The socket has been damaged, everything else is working correctly, so I am looking to change the jack.

I have searched multiple suppliers but cannot identify what the DC jack actually is, could MEDION let me know the make/part number for the DC jack?

Not problem in replacing it, I design, make, and repair similar PCBs - seems a shame to junk the machine when all it needs is a few £'s on a new DC jack.

14 REPLIES 14
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Hi @jc101 ,

I'll see if I can help .

First could you give me the MSN number (8 digit ) of the machine .
I'll check the Bill of Material in our systems to see if I can identify that particular bit.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

jc101
Beginner
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi,

The MSN number is 30024822

I have attached a photo of the connector too in case that helps.

IMG_0436.png

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Hi 

@jc101 

The picture does not seem to have uploaded properly , all I get is a yellow triangle...

However , looking at the BOM I see the following

MSN 40059311    KTEC Plug for KSAS0180500300D5 HK UK 

So I guess the manufacturer is Ktec and this should be the corresponding jack for the PSUP body 
MSN: 40067932 PSUP Body KtecKSAS0180500300D5 INT2.5 V2 

I defer to your electronic and PCB  background to tel me if the above make sense to you 😉

Just needed to add that all of this is at your own risk, without any support or warranties from us if you fry your motherboard or worse.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

jc101
Beginner
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi,

Thanks, that is the AC PSU, which sort of generic in terms of connection.  I'm after the DC socket on the PCB itself, which seems to very hard to find.

I've upload the pic to Dropbox, so the link below should indicate the bit I'm after.

Link to photo of part 

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@jc101 

I can't access dropbox from this work station, could you kindly either retry an upload on the forum or PM me your email and we'll get that picture via email.

If you can include clear pictures of the part and any markings on it , I'll ask in the workshop if they can identify it further.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@jc101 

Also, are you sure this machine is not under warranty? If bought at aldi, this is 3years...
We can also quote you for an out of warranty repair free of charge if need be.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

jc101
Beginner
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

OK, I've tried the upload again, how about this one?

There are no marking on it, but half of it is missing.  The footprint of the jack is odd, not found anything like to even try and get a manufacturer.

IMG_0438 (1).jpeg

jc101
Beginner
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Obviously pics not working, I'll send you a DM.

jc101
Beginner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Doubt it would be a warranty repair, I think the owner (a relative) did call but it was deemed physical damage as opposed to it breaking.  I suspect repair cost would be uneconomic, hence they sent it to me.  If I can't get the part, this would be the first device in years I've not managed to fix.

Worst case I can solder some wires on to charge it up, then get the data off.  Just seems a shame to junk it for want of a simple part.

14 REPLIES 14