Michel_S
Apprentice
Nachricht 1 von 4
3.171 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
3.171 Aufrufe

Help! Bios update on Akoya 6421 failed!

Hi!

Bios update on Akoya 6421 (from 2.20 to 2.22) is stuck on "Verifying EC block... 89%".

(see attached photo)

What can i do??

Help! Help!

Thank you in advance

IMG_20180525_114745728.jpg

3 ANTWORTEN 3
Michel_S
Apprentice
Nachricht 2 von 4
3.162 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
3.162 Aufrufe

Update:

After draining the battery (disconnect the power supply, connect USB devices to charge them and... wait), the PC was able to restart normally. The BIOS indicates well version 2.22. For the parameters, the only visible change is that the password requirement has changed from "always" to "setup".

Now, how can I check the integrity of the installed Bios?

Since the update of the Bios could take place at least until the EC block verification (where it crashed), it seems that only the "/L" was not done (program all ROM Holes); is this a problem?

Thank you

Michel

Capture.JPG

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 3 von 4
3.149 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
3.149 Aufrufe

@Michel_S

Well, I don't know your PC, but one way would be to reflash the Bios; which includes a risk that it might crash at another more vulnerable point. So eventually it could brick your Bios and Mainboard. But I don't think so.

The Rom-Holes were flashed, I do not believe that the parameters are worked off in the given order. Only the verification of the EC-flash crashed; may be your battery-drainige was to big. Usually the Battery needs to have more than 50 % charge, plus AC connected. 

As long as your PC works just fine, I wouldn't worry.

regards, daddle

Michel_S
Apprentice
Nachricht 4 von 4
3.139 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
3.139 Aufrufe

Hi daddle,
The battery draining was just to be able to restart the PC as the bios update crash left it frozen including the power button.
Thank you for the feedback. I think I escaped from a situation that could have been worse...
Best regards
Michel
3 ANTWORTEN 3