cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the flash of my camera not working as expected? (Photo / Video)

Question

Why is the flash or the photo light of my camera not working as expected? (Photo / Video)

Answer

If you have a problem with the flash or the photo light, check the menu of your camera if the flash is activated. Set the flash setting to ON and try again.

If the flash setting is set to AUTO and the flash still fires in adequate lighting conditions (sufficient brightness) it may be because the sensor is obscured. Detailed information can be found in the user manual for your camera.

If you are recording with your camera and it does not work properly it may be due to the memory card.
Common error causes are:

• Low read-write speeds
  • Enabled write protection
  • Insufficient storage capacity
  • An unformatted or incorrectly formatted memory card

If your device also has an internal memory, then use it for testing. Remove the external memory card and check the function again. Information about the internal memory can be found in the user manual. Alternatively use a different memory card with a higher read / write speed, i.e. a memory card with a higher spec/class.

Does your camera still not work properly or does another error appear, e.g. problems with the zoom or the lens, please reset your device to the factory settings.

Here you will find instructions to restore your device to its factory settings.

Version history
Last update:
‎15.04.2021 07:31
Updated by:
Labels (2)
Contributors