erazer deputy p60 : yellow triangle and lock icon on C:

0 REPLIES 0
the_dodo
Trainee
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

erazer deputy p60 : yellow triangle and lock icon on C:

Hi all,
A few weeks ago I sent back my new P60 for track pad issues. I received it back today, the trackpad is fixed but I have an other problem.
In the file explorer, my disks appear with a yellow triangle and an open lock icon. When I first received my laptop, the disks were appearing vanilla, without these  icons. After the repair they apear like this:

the_dodo_0-1724959382441.png

While not causing any functional problems, it is bothering me. I looked up the problem on the Internet, and found out it came from w11 bitlocker, indicating that the disks are not encrypted. I don't want to encrypt my disks despite the privacy advantages it offers.

What I want : I want to have the vanilla disks look (getting rid of the yellow triangle and lock icons) and not encrypting my disks

So I looked up how to do it. Tutorials  explain I just have to deactivate bitlocker on the drives. However, contrary to the tutorials, when I right click on the disks in the file explorer, it just proposes me to activate bitlock and when going in the control panel, I don't have the ability to deactivate bitlocker either

the_dodo_2-1724960168108.png

the_dodo_1-1724960086090.png

What is even stanger is that in my disk manager, it states that my disks are already encrypted bit bitlocker

the_dodo_3-1724960481315.png

So, does anybody know what is going on?

0 REPLIES 0
0 REPLIES 0