the_dodo
Trainee
Nachricht 1 von 2
262 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 2
262 Aufrufe

erazer deputy p60 : yellow triangle and lock icon on C:

Hi all,
A few weeks ago I sent back my new P60 for track pad issues. I received it back today, the trackpad is fixed but I have an other problem.
In the file explorer, my disks appear with a yellow triangle and an open lock icon. When I first received my laptop, the disks were appearing vanilla, without these  icons. After the repair they apear like this:

the_dodo_0-1724959382441.png

While not causing any functional problems, it is bothering me. I looked up the problem on the Internet, and found out it came from w11 bitlocker, indicating that the disks are not encrypted. I don't want to encrypt my disks despite the privacy advantages it offers.

What I want : I want to have the vanilla disks look (getting rid of the yellow triangle and lock icons) and not encrypting my disks

So I looked up how to do it. Tutorials  explain I just have to deactivate bitlocker on the drives. However, contrary to the tutorials, when I right click on the disks in the file explorer, it just proposes me to activate bitlock and when going in the control panel, I don't have the ability to deactivate bitlocker either

the_dodo_2-1724960168108.png

the_dodo_1-1724960086090.png

What is even stanger is that in my disk manager, it states that my disks are already encrypted bit bitlocker

the_dodo_3-1724960481315.png

So, does anybody know what is going on?

1 ANTWORT 1
RAZZ
Tutor
Nachricht 2 von 2
90 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 2
90 Aufrufe

Hi @the_dodo 

Has your issue been resolved?

I see the images you have sent are in French, so the French speaking d=forum may be able to assist better.

on my side with You may see the orange triangle and open lock because the BitLocker Drive encryption is disabled this may have been needed in your repair.

Restart your PC to install any updates, check the icon again, and if it was still there, check the BitLocker app in Control Panel to find out what's wrong. You can reinstate BitLocker from there.

Thanks 

1 ANTWORT 1