richreed
New Voice
Bericht 1 van 4
2.443 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 4
2.443 Weergaven

erazer crawler e10 repeatedly beeps and shut down

good evening,

only had this laptop for a couple of days and it has been running fine until now. when i turn it on the internal pc speaker repeatedly beeps and the laptop eventually shuts down. there is enough time from turn on for windows to boot but once running the laptop shuts itself down within 30-60 seconds. the internal speaker beeps inside and outside of windows and the bios.

it does this running off the battery or the power supply. power led is on so i know it's got power. the fans appear to be working, the speed varies. the underside of the laptop is warm not hot so my initial thought wasn't necessarily that it was overheating.

booted up windows 10 into safe mode to cut down on variables and the laptop again shut itself down.

last time i booted i opened the software supplied for fan control. i watched the cpu temperature quickly spike to 81°c so i set the fans to maximum and it gradually cooled it to about 57°c. then the temperature fluctuated randomly between 46°c and 73°c, and then the laptop shut itself down.

my laptop details are

erazer crawler e10

md61861

msn 30029417

any help would be appreciated!

3 ANTWOORDEN 3
richreed
New Voice
Bericht 2 van 4
2.394 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 4
2.394 Weergaven

also, whenever i try to register my laptop i get the following message;

'Fehler bei Anlage von Vorgang ZWPR.'

i bought it as a1 refurbished stock with the knowledge that the item came with warranty. looks like now i can't register to take advantage of this warranty if this issue can not be fixed.

richreed
New Voice
Bericht 3 van 4
2.389 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 4
2.389 Weergaven

tried the laptop again this morning.

worked fine for an hour so used it as an opportunity to update windows 10.

after the update though the problem returned. seems to be an overheating problem... this time caused by just updating windows.

i have included a link of the entire process. takes two minutes to boot up, run hot, fans spin at max, computer shuts itself down. this is not normal behaviour for a 3 day old laptop!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkksptBp3asJgSxWKu-JY8J1kLKr

Jyselain
Retired
Bericht 4 van 4
2.384 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 4
2.384 Weergaven

Hi @richreed , Welcome to the forum.

This fault you reported is interesting.

Have you tried to perform the factory settings?

If yes, please you need to get in touch with Medion customer service through one of the channels below:

Over the phone: 0333 3213106 - Tel (IE) 1800 992 508

By email: hotline@medion.com

The team will provide you with all the information you need to get the unit collected and fixed for you.

I guess your notebook requires an assessment in the workshop.

Kind regards,

Jyselain

3 ANTWOORDEN 3