Did you mean: 

X40 undervolt issue and no overclocking in bios or XTU on hx chip

2 REPLIES 2
Mrdanky
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

X40 undervolt issue and no overclocking in bios or XTU on hx chip

I am having an issue where the undervolt set in control center only applies when I restart the system after setting it. If i turn the laptop off and turn it on later the undervolt is gone, so I must go back into control center, move the undervolt slider a little bit then restart laptop again. As far as i can see there is no way to set an undervolt in the bios, correct me if im wrong on that though. Is there any way to make the undervolt permanent?

Also, this is an expensive laptop with high end hardware including a HX chip, which is an overclockable chip. Now while companies like XMG using exactly the same hardware offer overclocking in their bios, I cannot find it within the medion bios, can some advise on this? Are there any bios updates available? All I can see on the x40 driver/software download page are drivers and an old version of control center. It would be great to be able to disable a few e cores to give some more thermal headroom to p cores, and set my own frequencies etc like you can on other vendors systems with the same hardware and components.

2 REPLIES 2
r3nfolly
Apprentice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

I'd add a BIOS update, as XMG and other vendors are working on the solution for the 4090 errors and no info from Medion until now.

Please Medion, come forward and talk about this issue and give us some news about updates.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @r3nfolly  & @Mrdanky ,

first of all sry for the late reply,
Can you pleasecomment on the fact, if you already have the Bios version  N1.18MED06 & EC_1.08.00 installed,which can be downloaded here?

Feedback very appreciated

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
2 REPLIES 2