annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Where to find an updated bios for the Erazer X40 (4090)?

RÉSOLU
11 RÉPONSES 11
Tijgert
Contributor
Message 1 sur 12
5 111 Visites
Message 1 sur 12
5 111 Visites

Where to find an updated bios for the Erazer X40 (4090)?

I just got my new Erazer X40 in and I know about all the problems recent gaming laptops have been having.

I'd like to check if my bios is the most current or if there is a new one that improves performance (reduces crashes).

There is no download for bioses that I can find, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Balises (3)
11 RÉPONSES 11
MurdoD
Beginner
Message 11 sur 12
386 Visites
Message 11 sur 12
386 Visites

Hi!

Apologies for reviving an older thread but I was wondering, are you still using the latest XMG bios and if so, do you know which one I should use for the i7 13700 / 4080 Medion X40?

Thanks

Tijgert
Contributor
Message 12 sur 12
371 Visites
Message 12 sur 12
371 Visites

Hi, now worries, always glad to help.

I am still using a different bios, but now it's the Eluktronics bios instead of XMG. I know Prema semi-personally and he hooked me up with a complete system metamorphosis. The laptop no longer thinks it's a Medion but all parts are now Eluktro identified.

(I can reverse this in case of warranty issues).

For anyone else I'd still recommend an XMG bios, it is mostly fool proof (don't underestimate the idiocy of professional fools) and easiest to come by. Medion warranty repair (my screen died) is second to none, within a week. Large kudo's. But bios support is like non existent, sorry Medion.

For your model I would think you need the RTX4080 bios version which I believe is the same as the 4090. It'll say so clearly in the bios zip file ReadMe. CPU model does not make a difference, only what GPU you have. Check their site and possibly their Discord to get more acquainted with the matter if you want.

For warranty purposes you'd do well to back up your system first so you can (if the system still works) reflash the old system.

Use the Intel Flash Programming Tool for that, it can read and write your system flash.

Good luck!

11 RÉPONSES 11