Usb 3.1 type type c port erazer defender laptop

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
rich309
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Usb 3.1 type type c port erazer defender laptop

Hi I'm confused by this usb port, no cable I own fits it, I thought type c usb was the same port (in shape and size) as my phone, I want the extra port but no idea what cable to buy, even if I Google image of usb 3.1 type c it doesn't look like my port. Would appreciate some help thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
rich309
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for helping out, ive sussed it now its a mini dispay port and the type c usb is actually on the back, i was confused by a mixture of failing eyesight and looking at pics online which clearly showed my supposed laptop as having a usb type c next to the statdard usb port on the side, but im guessing they used a generic picture.

View solution in original post

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@rich309 

I rather guess there are indeed two different models, one with a display port on the side, and one with an usb-c instead. 

If you would give the MSN-Number, and use it in service portal to get the manual for your notebook. Or in the german service site.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@rich309 

Please name the MSN number of your notebook. You'll find it on the bottom on a sticker.

Is your phone an iPhone?

regards, daddle

rich309
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for helping out, ive sussed it now its a mini dispay port and the type c usb is actually on the back, i was confused by a mixture of failing eyesight and looking at pics online which clearly showed my supposed laptop as having a usb type c next to the statdard usb port on the side, but im guessing they used a generic picture.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@rich309 

I rather guess there are indeed two different models, one with a display port on the side, and one with an usb-c instead. 

If you would give the MSN-Number, and use it in service portal to get the manual for your notebook. Or in the german service site.

rich309
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Sounds like a plan thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4