1 RÉPONSE 1
System33
New Voice
Message 1 sur 2
99 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
99 Visites

Question about warranty for fan cleaning

Hello, my Erazer Deputy p60 already has a lot of dust in the fans.

I haven't had it for a year yet.

I wanted to know if opening the plate under the computer to clean the fans could affect the warranty.

I've had a shutdown due to overheating before and I dont want it to happen again.

Thanks for your answers, and if you have an official document that proves that it is allowed that would be great ! 🙂

1 RÉPONSE 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 sur 2
81 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
81 Visites

@System33

Hi System 33..

Fan Cleaning is a normal maintenance thing. A long as you keep in mind to be very careful. and do not break  anything ( ecept may be a lastic clamp  which hold the bottom) it won't effect the guaranty.- And with suctioning the fan with a small vacuum cleaner nozzle,  set it on lowest speed and additionally keep a finger on the fan blade, that they do not get   rotationel speed by the airstream. 

You can also vacuum the air outlet slots with the vacuum nozzle, while also fixing the fan blades with your finger tips.

For the cooling block, it makes sense to clean its slots with a medium-soft brush. And to ensure that the immediate surroundings of the laptop are kept free of dust.

Because it is unusual  for large accumulations of dust to form after one year of use.

Cheers, daddle

1 RÉPONSE 1