sybess
Trainee
Message 1 sur 2
2 778 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
2 778 Visites

Question about medion erazer P6661, Windows 10 and ssd

Hello,

I have bought a medion erazer P6661 MD99693 with windows 10 already installed.

Windows is installed on my hdd 1to.

I have bought a ssd m2 sata. And I want to install windows 10 on it to boot with the ssd.

I have seen many partition on my hdd between 100mo and 1go. Could you tell me what it is ? 

If I reinstall windows 10 on my ssd with a USB key on which there is the setup of windows 10, where is the license key of my previous windows ?(on the bios ? On one of the partition of 100 more or 1go ? Other ?)

Do you have some advice to me before I do the reinstallation ?

Cordially

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions acceptées
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 sur 2
2 774 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
2 774 Visites

Hi @sybess

Usually you'd have a C: drive with Windows on it, and (if the harddrive is large enough) a 😧 drive for data etc. 

The other smaller partitions are all Windows 10 System partitions with recovery info and the like. Windows makes the necessary partitions automatically during installation, so you dont need to worry about them. 

As for the Windows key, this is indeed integrated in the mainboard, and should automatically activate when a suitable Windows version is installed. 

Kind regards,
Bart

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 RÉPONSE 1
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 sur 2
2 775 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
2 775 Visites

Hi @sybess

Usually you'd have a C: drive with Windows on it, and (if the harddrive is large enough) a 😧 drive for data etc. 

The other smaller partitions are all Windows 10 System partitions with recovery info and the like. Windows makes the necessary partitions automatically during installation, so you dont need to worry about them. 

As for the Windows key, this is indeed integrated in the mainboard, and should automatically activate when a suitable Windows version is installed. 

Kind regards,
Bart
1 RÉPONSE 1