Problems with my brand new Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 (MD34956) pc

17 REPLIES 17
Nizzu
New Voice
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Problems with my brand new Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 (MD34956) pc

Hello people

So, A few days ago i bought the "medion erazer engineer p10 (md34956)" Pre-built pc from a online retailer, and i've set it up and everything.

However, during the first day of seting it up, i was starting to notice some odd behaviour. While i was uninstalling some pre-installed softwares such as microsoft 365 and macafee antivirus, the pc would completely restart itself, just completely randomly.
At first, i thought this might were linked to some windows updates scheduled or something. After the pc would turn on again, it would work and operate fully normally without any hiccups the whole day, it would play all sorts of demanding games such as Black ops cold war and Cyberpunk 2077.
So later that day, i turned off the pc, and went to bed. The next day when i turned the pc on, i opned the web browser for facebook and youtube, and after just 3 minutes, it would randomly restart itself again (please note that the pc was litterally idle when this happend)
Same as yesterday, after the restart the pc would play games normally just fine the whole day, no issues. At the end of this day, i would start to look up what could be causing this issue, to check if people had simular issues, but seemigly without any luck.
So i attempted to do something people with simular issue has done, and thats to change the power settings, i tried multiple diffrent settings, but none would "fix" this.
I also tried to use older graphic card drivers to see if it could be the reason behind it, sadly it didnt work either. And then i tried multiple earlier windows versions, no luck either.
At last, i downloaded the "Medion Service tool" on their official website, that would diganose my pc, and all its components, from testing to stress testing them, however, the only thing that it really "fixed" during running it the 1st time was the C drive, it restarted the pc and prompted the "Fixing C Drive 938726 bytes of 100298837"
This went on for about 1 minute, and the pc would then turn on. At this point i thought i had fixed it, since i had an thought it could be related to the ssd itself.
So i turned the pc off, and went back to doing something else. 6 Hours later i decided to turn the pc on to see if i really had solved it, however this time, the pc would work fine, even in idle modus...that was until i started moving the mouse and playing youtube videos....thats whe the pc suddenly went black. The fans/gpu was still running, my keyboard was running too aswell as the pc mouse, but the screen was completely...black. To start the pc, i was forced to press the power button to force shut it down and start it again.
Now i was completely clueless, this would continue to happend only after booting up the pc after it had been off for a few hours (booting it from cold components) but it would ONLY happend during the first boot, the second boot (after pressing down the power button to boot it up after the crash) it would work completely fine the whole day as normally playing demanding games.

At this point i was getting desperate at getting this fixed. I had a small hope it could be a faulty windows install or something, so i prompted to re-install the windows yesterday, got every driver up running, everyhting looked to work fine, so i went to bed. So today morning i decided to boot it up, thinking i had fixed it, however, after opening youtube and facebook, and not moving the mouse at all, the pc would crash, but this time, like the first crash, it would not be stuck and needed to be force retsarted, but rather it would restart itself.

Now i'm clueless about what to do, and im starting to think this is no longer any software issue, meaning its out of my power to fix this, which seemigly looks to be a hardware failure, a really early one, considering the pc is nearly just 1 week old.

So in short, the only way i can reproduce this is by waiting for the pc to be cold, maybe 6-7 hours, start it up, open the web browser, perhpahs youtube and facebook, wait 2-3 minutes as you manouver around in there, and then it will simply restart itself (it happends with other browsers too, so its not just a chrome issue) this is the easiest way to trigger it. 

The pc specs of the pc:

GPU: GTX 3080 10 GB
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Ram: 32gb, ram name: samsung m378a2g43ab 3-cwe
SSD: Model E12-1TB-PHISON-SSD-B27-BB1 1TB
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1 TB
Bios version: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 460H6W0X.105, 19/05/2020
Motherboard name: ECS B460H6-EM

My MSN: 10023941

Do any of you have any clue what this might be/and or had any simular issue? I'm suspecting its a hardware issue 😕

17 REPLIES 17
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Isnt that just if the sound isnt working? (headset itself works fine) Either way, i disabled it now and will restart my pc, now only time will show if this will work (as the pc has to be cold and boot up as cold for it to be tested)

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

So today i booted on cold boot after letting the pc be off for 8 hours, and i can confirm the pc has remained on, even after playing youtuebe videos and browsing facebook in the morning. It seemingly seemed indeed to be related to the Headset HID Compliant problem, that ocured with my razer kraken 7.1 (seemingly a common problem)

I also noticed, that the headset port that i used was a 3.2 or 3.3? im not sure, it might also be a 3.2 turbo usb slot, and immidently when unplugged, and plugged back into a 2.0 one it acted more normal, including my steelseries keyboard which started to install its steelseries engine. A big tip to anyone having the simular issue: disable automaticly restart as @sweetpoison  mentioned, aswell as in device manager > universal bus controllers > usb root 3.0 > properties  > power managment and disable the "Allow computer to turn off  this device to save power"

Doing those 2 things has saved my pc from crashing.

I also now noticed under "Human interface devices" in device manager that a yellow triangle has been shown under the "headset HID compliant" indicating this: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated.

Well, anyways, it all works well now. Later today i will be picking up my new Hyper x Cloud 2 headset, hopefully this one will bring me less issues than the kraken one on my device.

Hope this helps anyone with the simular issue 🙂

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Thanks for update @Nizzu  and I'm glad you manage to fix the issue.

Have fun.

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Heyyo again!

Sorry to bother you, but i've got an update regarding this situation.

The pc has kept on crashing again. This time without showing any "ciritcal" errors in in Eventviewer.

What i've tried, day by day now:

1. I tried to disable the HID headset driver in device manager

2. I tried to "update" the HID headset driver in device manager

3. I tried to use a diffrent driver for the HID headset in device manager (a windows one) i was certain this would fix it after reading so many youtube comments of a youtube video of this.

and then....The pc crashed again.

This time there's no logs of it in eventviewer.

At this point i think its not related to any headset error, which is why im very unsure on what to do at this point...

I'm litterally clueless...Really suspecting it aint a software problem at this point.

I've ran the Medion suppor tool countless times and it shows no errors whatsoever on any components.

I've read tho on various forums it could be related to the nvme ssd, motherboard, or even the PSU. Abit strange if this was my case, considering pc is brand new (pre-built) but let's not exclude it from being a possibility.

I'm completely clueless now and sad, think ill just send my pc in for repair, hoping they will do some hardware check/replacement.

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Also, please note:

Everytime you format the pc, there wont be a "freeze" the pc however will just prompt to restart itself randomly, may that be if ur browsing the web, or even downloading games from battlenet or steam. It would just be a completely uncalled pc restart. And after a few days this "restart" will turn into a "softlock" so the screen goes black, but keyboard, mouse and fans are still on. I really suspect its either the nvme 2 SSD, the GPU, cpu or even the motherboard.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Sorry you still have problems but somehow is not unexpected. That is what happens when the windows (drivers) suffer from multiple interventions. All this reminds me when I had a problem (on different laptop and different windows version) with audio card - Auto Gain Control to be more precise. After many uninstalls, updates and settings alterations even if I solved my problem the OS didn't perform as it should. To solve the problem I had to restore the OS to factory default edit the specific setting. I can explain more about that but is not constructive in you're particular case.

You can test something if the hardware supply is available, try to use the headphones via USB Router (a regular one like from Poundland). That might give you the USB2.0 connection which your laptop doesn't have. 

Still, a windows reinstall is more than welcome and will fix the "do nothing loop" which you have now.

One thing for sure, a faulty hardware will always provide a BSOD (or gray screen if windows 10) or a complete freeze and/or power cut.

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Hello again @sweetpoison 

I did now send the pc in and got it back, and had a few days of tetsing it.

The pc was "formatted and updated drivers" during the service, was totally free of charge too, which was great. However, they said there was nothing wrong with it.

That was until a irl friend of mine mentioned he had some odd issue with his desktop pc, where he would connect his monitors into the hdmi + dp ports on his pc, and the screens would turn off randomly.

Thats when i thought, wait, i have 2 dp ports in use + 1 hdmi with my 240 hz screen. And apparantly there seems to be a common issue combining 240+ hz screens thats connected to dp's with 60 hz screens connected to hdmi too. So i unplugged my HDMI screen and just sticked with using 2 dp screens, and would you not belive it....its now been 7 days and absolutly no issue!

So in short, the issue was simply that i couldnt connect a hdmi screen into my pc, while there was already dp screens connected to it, i belive its linked to the fact that the other dp screens are beyond 60hz, i could be wrong, but surely this was the issue. Weird, but im atleast extxremely glad it got solved. Currently, im ordering a 3rd screen (dp) so i dont need to ever use that 3rd hdmi screen, and can use it as a tv screen instead.

Just thought of letting you know @sweetpoison  thanks a bunch for your time and help! and hopefully this thread can help others who get a simular issue!

17 REPLIES 17