Problems with my brand new Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 (MD34956) pc

17 REPLIES 17
Nizzu
New Voice
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Problems with my brand new Medion ERAZER ENGINEER P10 (MD34956) pc

Hello people

So, A few days ago i bought the "medion erazer engineer p10 (md34956)" Pre-built pc from a online retailer, and i've set it up and everything.

However, during the first day of seting it up, i was starting to notice some odd behaviour. While i was uninstalling some pre-installed softwares such as microsoft 365 and macafee antivirus, the pc would completely restart itself, just completely randomly.
At first, i thought this might were linked to some windows updates scheduled or something. After the pc would turn on again, it would work and operate fully normally without any hiccups the whole day, it would play all sorts of demanding games such as Black ops cold war and Cyberpunk 2077.
So later that day, i turned off the pc, and went to bed. The next day when i turned the pc on, i opned the web browser for facebook and youtube, and after just 3 minutes, it would randomly restart itself again (please note that the pc was litterally idle when this happend)
Same as yesterday, after the restart the pc would play games normally just fine the whole day, no issues. At the end of this day, i would start to look up what could be causing this issue, to check if people had simular issues, but seemigly without any luck.
So i attempted to do something people with simular issue has done, and thats to change the power settings, i tried multiple diffrent settings, but none would "fix" this.
I also tried to use older graphic card drivers to see if it could be the reason behind it, sadly it didnt work either. And then i tried multiple earlier windows versions, no luck either.
At last, i downloaded the "Medion Service tool" on their official website, that would diganose my pc, and all its components, from testing to stress testing them, however, the only thing that it really "fixed" during running it the 1st time was the C drive, it restarted the pc and prompted the "Fixing C Drive 938726 bytes of 100298837"
This went on for about 1 minute, and the pc would then turn on. At this point i thought i had fixed it, since i had an thought it could be related to the ssd itself.
So i turned the pc off, and went back to doing something else. 6 Hours later i decided to turn the pc on to see if i really had solved it, however this time, the pc would work fine, even in idle modus...that was until i started moving the mouse and playing youtube videos....thats whe the pc suddenly went black. The fans/gpu was still running, my keyboard was running too aswell as the pc mouse, but the screen was completely...black. To start the pc, i was forced to press the power button to force shut it down and start it again.
Now i was completely clueless, this would continue to happend only after booting up the pc after it had been off for a few hours (booting it from cold components) but it would ONLY happend during the first boot, the second boot (after pressing down the power button to boot it up after the crash) it would work completely fine the whole day as normally playing demanding games.

At this point i was getting desperate at getting this fixed. I had a small hope it could be a faulty windows install or something, so i prompted to re-install the windows yesterday, got every driver up running, everyhting looked to work fine, so i went to bed. So today morning i decided to boot it up, thinking i had fixed it, however, after opening youtube and facebook, and not moving the mouse at all, the pc would crash, but this time, like the first crash, it would not be stuck and needed to be force retsarted, but rather it would restart itself.

Now i'm clueless about what to do, and im starting to think this is no longer any software issue, meaning its out of my power to fix this, which seemigly looks to be a hardware failure, a really early one, considering the pc is nearly just 1 week old.

So in short, the only way i can reproduce this is by waiting for the pc to be cold, maybe 6-7 hours, start it up, open the web browser, perhpahs youtube and facebook, wait 2-3 minutes as you manouver around in there, and then it will simply restart itself (it happends with other browsers too, so its not just a chrome issue) this is the easiest way to trigger it. 

The pc specs of the pc:

GPU: GTX 3080 10 GB
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Ram: 32gb, ram name: samsung m378a2g43ab 3-cwe
SSD: Model E12-1TB-PHISON-SSD-B27-BB1 1TB
HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1 TB
Bios version: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 460H6W0X.105, 19/05/2020
Motherboard name: ECS B460H6-EM

My MSN: 10023941

Do any of you have any clue what this might be/and or had any simular issue? I'm suspecting its a hardware issue 😕

17 REPLIES 17
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Welcome to the forum @Nizzu 

An important information is required: the restart is controlled or the pc just cut the power?

If it is controlled (closing app and run a regular restart) it might be a good idea to check the settings on windows update section (see active hours and forbid windows to do automatically reboot) 

If is a forced reboot (like pressing reset button or lose power) it might be related to hardware and technical intervention might be required. 

To make all things a bit more clear check the setting on windows update to make sure is not from there. And you might want to disable all sleep/stand by options from power save section.

Also first thing on windows starts, check for updates. That will also prevent windows to make updates in background.

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for the reply @sweetpoison 

The restart seems to be controlled by the pc, i always disabled any antivirus scheduled updates aswell as power saving moduses, they are set to "never" so i dont think this is the issue, its just on cold boots.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

The reason for suggesting checking windows settings:

Restart ASAP on and notification update off will have as result unexpected restart based on update status while there is no app with exclusive access (like full screen games) running. Effect similar to described problem.

Suggestion about power save was to be sure there is no stand by request which go wrong and does reboot instead. The anitivirus will ask for reboot every time as part of "show off / look at me, I'm active and working to keep your computer safe" 

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

I've noticed that these were already set off, all of them, but its not always a "restart" thats only the first days of having a new clean OS, after a few days, the screen will just go black, while components are still "running" and i need to force shut down the pc to use it again.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Ah, blame the updates then. 

A black screen on restart/shut down denote some programs running on background and button use is not the best choice.

Under W10 i've seen this many times and to "speed up" the restart/shut down I use custom shortcuts instead of windows options. 

for restart: C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -t 00 -f -r

for shut down: C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -t 00 -f -s

-f is to force the execution ignoring the background apps

-t 00 is to cut the delay

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

On event viewer i noticed 3 "critical" error logs, they say as following:

1. A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

2. The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

3.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

These are the errors, ranked from time, the 3rd, being the first one, while number 1 was the latest "critical" error.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I see. Good job finding the problem. As for automatic restart on errors 

You can disable that option on Advance System Settings.

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

I googled one of the errors, and it showed this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-freezingrestarting-hid-compliant-heads...

Perhaps its my headset driver that interferes or something? it works fine on my older laptop, but not on this new pc? I'm just as the guy, using Razer kraken 7.1 headset, i will try to unplug it and see if it has any effects.

Nizzu
New Voice
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

Damn, i will try this too, aswell as the headset one, will keep you updated on it!

17 REPLIES 17