2 RÉPONSES 2
Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 1 sur 3
1 770 Visites
Message 1 sur 3
1 770 Visites

P17613 (MD 61739) UK: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL kybdclass.sys ntoskrnl.exe

I recently acquired another ERAZER Laptop  a few days ago (as I have been very pleased with the first one).  It has been working well so far.  Then today there have been 2 GPF's (Old School for Blue Screen) with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.  The System retains enough control to create a Crash Dump and restart.

The Crash Dump reveals a 0x000000d1 with the main culprits kybdclass.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

The System is bang up to date (assuming Windows Update monitors the Medion Hardware/Firmware as there are no Drivers available on the support Web Site) and SFC reports all in order.

The only Event in the System Event Logs I can find that might be related is a HAL ID:16 'The iommu fault reporting has been initialised'.  There is nothing in the Application Events which seems to be related.

Initially I am suspecting an issue related to the Keyboard.  The GPF is commonly the result of invalid memory handling or Paging from what I can gather from online research.  Deep stuff which is more the domain of software developers/programmers.

I noticed an Application pre-installed on the System 'ControlCentre 3.0 Package v1.41', which allows managing a variety of functions including the Keyboard backlighting.  So I have disabled that for the time being to see if the problem re-occurs.  I'll give it a week.  If the GPF's continue then it probably isn't that.  If not then when I enable it again and the GPF returns we have some reason to suspect that Utility?

In the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening or diagnostic suggestion?  Crash Dumps are available if anyone thinks they will help.

Cheers.

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions acceptées
Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 3 sur 3
1 682 Visites
Message 3 sur 3
1 682 Visites

Good of you to reply and remiss of me to take so long.

After disabling the software for a while, the BSOD did not re-appear.

After enabling the software again the BSOD has not re-appeared.

So it would appear to be a Gremlin.

Thanks again.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 RÉPONSES 2
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 sur 3
1 762 Visites
Message 2 sur 3
1 762 Visites

Hi, 

Not sure if will help but a BSOD (Blue screen of death) is related to hardware problems in most cases.

Also from experience I can tell "shit happens" (start up error). That can be easy fix by removing the power supply (and battery in laptop's case) and hold power button for more than 10 sec (20 sec should be enough). If after that you still get a BSOD... that might require a technical intervention (warranty).

Maybe there are more useful information on crashdump and posting by using http://codepad.org would do.

It is possible some software to be the source of your problems (drivers, viruses or other bugs) just as well as it could be an imperfect contact on memory bank. 

Waiting for crash dump file.

Cheers.

Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 3 sur 3
1 683 Visites
Message 3 sur 3
1 683 Visites

Good of you to reply and remiss of me to take so long.

After disabling the software for a while, the BSOD did not re-appear.

After enabling the software again the BSOD has not re-appeared.

So it would appear to be a Gremlin.

Thanks again.

2 RÉPONSES 2